This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip debate...

So my friends and I went out to dinner the other night at a buffet.....and the place was SLAMMED! we could barely find a table for the 3 adults and toddler.

Anyway...we sat down with our drinks made sure our section waitress knew our drinks from our ticket and went to get food.

Meal went fine, food was better then normal....then we get up to leave and I want to leave a tip for the waitress.

now normally in a buffet where the waitress's only duties are clearing plates and keeping drinks full....my tips are based on how often my drink gets empty in comparision to how busy it is.

My friend had to ask the waitress 6 times for a drink refill...my other friend never got her second refill, and mine was fine.

Now as I said it was busy, so we didn't raise a fuss, but my friend and I were discussing the amount I left for a tip....

which was $4 on a nearly $40 bill....which was slightly more then 10%.

thoughts? to little?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

It sounds suitable to me, but im not a server/busser.

I leave similar tips for the same reasons and etc in buffets and like you, theyre based on the service we end up receiving.

Comment

If the restaurant is understaffed, and the waitress is working really hard but we still get neglected, I do tip a little less, even though it's not her fault, and she's trying. I figure that it evens out in the wash, because she's got more tables. (Feel free to break out the salmon here, because I know the logic isn't great). I tip better than if the service was that slow on a non-busy day. So I see nothing wrong with your logic.

Comment

Working...
      X