This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry for your loss.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh, I'm so sorry, Protege. I loved to read your grandma stories because I thought it was so sweet how you took care of her.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

So sorry, Protege.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

You are in my thoughs hun. Sending lots of hugs! She is at peace now
          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts. I really appreciate that. Grandma is at peace now, and is with my grandfather. The viewing is this afternoon, and the funeral tomorrow. She'll be buried in the family plot just outside her native town in SW PA. Her family called that area home for well over 100 years--most of them are buried nearby; her parents, my aunt (died in childbirth in '56), a cousin (again, died in childbirth in '74), many friends, etc.

I do know that her son (my uncle) has a high probability of getting his ass kicked if he doesn't stop with the comments and snide remarks. He's said some really rude things to my mother because she's been handling the arrangements. My mother has enough stress to deal with--when I found out what he'd been saying, I was (and pardon my French), pretty fucking furious! I was even more upset, when he was going on about wanting to "go through" my late grandmother's things!

I have a feeling that I know what he's looking for--my grandfather's WWII Army papers, his wristwatch, jazz records, and a few other things. Things...that Grandma had given to me, simply because I was close to my grandparents, and was always helping her out. And no, I don't plan on giving them to him. If they were *that* important, then his ass should have been here taking care of her more than once a year.

I should mention that Grandma wasn't in the best of health towards the end. The past few months had been hard on her. She had a stroke towards the end of June, and was getting worse. When I saw her the previous Sunday, her hands were already ice cold. Death was coming for her

I've been trying to see it that she's at peace now. She's no longer suffering or in pain. Even so, I miss her greatly
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm so sorry, Protege. I do know what that's like....

I hate to ask this, but did your grandmother have a will? Or any document laying out arrangements and who gets what? If she did, make a copy, and give that to your deadbeat uncle. That makes me so mad. One of my aunts tried to do that after Grandma passed, but Grandma had laid everything out in a will, so my aunt wasn't able to do anything. (Aunt was mad that Grandma had willed everything of practical worth to me, since I was about to graduate and head off for grad school: washer/dryer, endtables, desk, chairs, books, etc. Aunt wanted them for her hillbilly grandkids.)

Anyway, sorry, but you have my sympathy and I hope everything goes smoothly with family.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

*sends hugs and cookies*
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

BIG hugs. I lost mine a few years ago, and the other one a few years before that.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.
                    Two important things to remember. First, she's no longer suffering. Second, though she may be gone, her influence will live on through the people whose lives she touched.
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I am so sorry that you have a relative trying to make this situation all about himself.

When Nanna passed, all of a sudden my great aunt and uncle suddenly really cared. Of course, about all of Nanna's goodies, antiques and Gumpa's stuff from WWII (well, what's left that Nanna didn't set on fire when she was still alive and living at home).

People really can suck.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My condolences protege (and RayvenQ). I hope your uncle decides to STFU quickly. I can come over and administer some steel-toes where they'll do some good if you need.

Comment

My uncle actually behaved himself today. But, it was a bit strange with him around. Even more so, is that most of his kids (my cousins) were only there to get an appearance in. Some of them left almost immediately before the funeral started! What was the point, other than to appear?
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh, Protege...

This all has got to be super hard for you.. I remember how much you'd post about your Gramma .

I hope your rellies all grow up a bit in the next few days. And have some chocolate. Always helps me.

Cutenoob
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                            X