This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about wal-mart

I bought a flatscreen monitor at wal-mart about a month ago. Today it just shit the bed on me. I don't have my receipt, nor do I have any of the boxes or packing material it came in.

Anyone know what my chances on getting an exchange are?

probably slim to none and you might want to call the manufacturer. this is a thought. would have to ask my friend who works there about their return policies as the one here often takes items back when the customers don't have their receipt

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
      probably slim to none and you might want to call the manufacturer. this is a thought. would have to ask my friend who works there about their return policies as the one here often takes items back when the customers don't have their receipt
      Alternatively, you can throw being a decent person to the wind and just start yelling until they take it. Didn't someone just post that Walmart took a "pool pump" back that wasn't actually a pool pump for the price the customer said it was, despite so actual proof they bought it there or what it cost?
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

If you had the box and stuff, I'd say pretty good. Without the box...now it's tough. Policy is to not take electronics back without the box. But managers bend all the time, so...you never know.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          Alternatively, you can throw being a decent person to the wind and just start yelling until they take it. Didn't someone just post that Walmart took a "pool pump" back that wasn't actually a pool pump for the price the customer said it was, despite so actual proof they bought it there or what it cost?
          pretty much.

Comment

Yeah, that was me (about the so called pool pump..that didn't even have holes so don't ask me how it could 'pump' anything. No box, no receipt, no markings and the object wasn't even identifiable.) If you still have the box, take it with you. When I worked there they could scan the UPC and do a look up with it. They might insist on store credit, and things might have changed since I worked at Wally World, but you can at least give it a try.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Did you pay with debit or credit card? They can track it that way.

If not: Take this as a lesson to keep your freaking receipts. How long have you been here bro? You seen the stories. You know that big price items can break down, and how angry people get when they don't have the receipts and the clerk rightfully tells them sorry, no refund without a recipt.

After all, tv might have been stolen, or in alot of cases of people just throwing out broken tvs, people salvage them from the dump and try to refund it for free money.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

This is why I will never buy a tv from Wal-mart. I rather buy one from a reputable retailer when it comes to electronics and get the extended warranty, and keep my receipts
                "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  no refund without a recipt.
                  and then the manager overrides it and gives them money.

Quoth ravevolution View Post
                  This is why I will never buy a tv from Wal-mart. I rather buy one from a reputable retailer when it comes to electronics and get the extended warranty, and keep my receipts
                  Im going to buy a nice TV from newegg. maybe.

Comment

I've seen them do it before. My best advice would be to make sure you look decent and be really nice to the person on returns. You could also stop in and talk to a manager beforehand and explain the situation and see what answer you get.

Comment

Being nice to people on the returns is irrelevant, as they can't override shit. I mean, don't be a dick, but asking for a manager is your only choice. They can override anything, and if you're nice to them, they may help you. The higher you go, the pussier they become and will give you whatever you want.

The last time I worked at walmart doing returns, about 2 years ago, they couldn't track returns with credit cards. But maybe they can now. *shrug*

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post

The last time I worked at walmart doing returns, about 2 years ago, they couldn't track returns with credit cards. But maybe they can now. *shrug*
                        Bring in the CC statement with the purchase on it? If its the exact price of the monitor it should be good enough. Plus, I think walmart puts the store number in the charge name so it shows up like "Walmart 0548" or something. Either way, you have a charge for the price from walmart.

edit: Target does it. My statement says "Target 00007854 Los Angeles Ca " Walmart does everything target does.
                        Last edited by Whiskey; 08-07-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X