This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should just lay off the weatherman

This freakin heat will NOT stop!!!! What's the point of having a weather forecast???? It's been exactly the same for the past MONTH!!!!! And expected to stay the same for at least the next week!

Farmer's Almanac says that it's gonna stay this way for basically the rest of the month.

They're now trumpeting record highs today!

My electric bill was $130 dollars with the thermostat usually set on 80 degrees!

BTW A "cold front" is expected to knock temperatures down into the low 90's next week!

I would so love an electric bill of $130. That is usually what it runs in the winter. Right now I'm paying on average $275.00 per month and it is currently 89 in the house. Just for reference I live in North East Florida.

Sockpuppet

Comment

California chiming in. My bill was 135$ this month and I barely (like four hours a week on) touch the AC. Just go naked and offend all your neighbors like I do. Remember to be friendly and wave.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
        I would so love an electric bill of $130. That is usually what it runs in the winter. Right now I'm paying on average $275.00 per month and it is currently 89 in the house. Just for reference I live in North East Florida.

Sockpuppet
        No shit!!!!!

Our power/gas company, Vectren, is now applying for a 15-20 percent increase, AGAIN!

They're known to charge the highest utility rates in the state as is now!

BTW There's a storm moving in. We've also had NO rain for over a month and my garden is withering. It's now "plunged" down to 95.
        Last edited by ditchdj; 08-12-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I just paid my electric bill & it was for $543.94. Yes, you read that right. FIVE HUNDRED FOURTY THREE DOLLARS AND NINETY-FOUR CENTS!!!!
          Why is it so high? Because in the town that I live in, the electric rates are SKY HIGH! & they wonder why people are moving out of town left & right!

Comment

Today it was 105, tommorrow it's supposed to be 110. I seriously doubt it's going to get any cooler until sometime in December or so.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Just go naked and offend all your neighbors like I do. Remember to be friendly and wave.
              With only the avatar to go by, that one is hard to wrap my brain around.

I gave up listening to weather forecasts years ago. Even here in Oregon where they can cheat and say 'chance of rain' and be right half the time from that alone, they still get it wrong all the time.
              Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
              Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                Today it was 105, tommorrow it's supposed to be 110. I seriously doubt it's going to get any cooler until sometime in December or so.
                I'd rather have 110 than 5.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

As much as I hate this humidity (and now I have NO A/C because it's totally screwed), I'd rather have this than the snow and cold. Especially the snow.

Last night it was still so hot at 8 pm I was walking around in my bra and undies brushing my teeth and I was sweating like a pig. It's so hot I can barely put my freaking pants on.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                    No shit!!!!!

Our power/gas company, Vectren, is now applying for a 15-20 percent increase, AGAIN!

They're known to charge the highest utility rates in the state as is now!
                    My last electric bill was about $80. That's because I'm not home much, I own a small house, and when I am home...the A/C doesn't run 24/7. Granted, I have had it on a few days constantly this summer. Most of the time, turning on fans in every room is enough to keep the place from being stuffy. Still, $100 is the highest it's ever been.

Oh, and attic fans are awesome

Right now, I have the pleasure of dealing with Duquesne Light. They have a well-deserved reputation of sucking. They just got *another* rate increase, and now are one of the highest utility companies in the area...who happens to have the absolute *worst* in service. How? Well, a pigeon shits on a wire, and it knocks out service to entire neighborhoods
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I had a thought today. It was shut down.

Our windows only open so far, so you can't fit a box fan in there. Smart landlords, can't have us putting fans in windows if we don't have A/C or they are leaking so we aren't using them so we don't ruin our apartments!!!!

I use the box fan to dry my hair and I have a tall skinny fan almost my height that I carry around the apartment with me and plug in in whatever room so there's always a draft around me. These ceiling fans don't do shit.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My electric has only been about $70, but I've also been out of town a lot (and then I keep it on 80, as per the landlord's instructions). I usually keep it on about 78, except at night when I kick it down to 75. I need it nice and frosty to sleep.
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I figure the weather guesser are monkeys flinging poo at a forcast sheet and that is what they go with.

They are talking 92 this weekend. I can only take off so many clothes without getting arrested. We don't have A/C but a lot of fans. In the bedroom one in each bedroom and sometimes one that just skims the top of the bed.

Downstairs is the same way.

I love our power bills in the summer, right now we are running $50 but we are home a lot more watching a lot of soccer plus all the fans. The winter bills suck then they jump to 120 or more.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm running my apartment at 72, with a bill of $70.

Comment

mine was $68 with the AC running 24/7 at 73 degrees....
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                              X