Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another cat post? Yeah, another cat post.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cat post? Yeah, another cat post.

Okay, so there are a couple cats that run around my complex. Most of them look cared for and I dont see them very often. However, there is one cat I always see. I would swear up and down its my old neighbors cat. They moved out and left the cat. She looks.. dirty. She's a bit mangy, but still chubby (god I hope shes not pregnant). I don't know if shes fixed, I doubt it, but theres a low cost service here if I need to get her fixed. Shes a siamese, doesn't even look mixed, very friendly. I am not bringing her in my house. I have my two and my apartment isnt big enough for three. I put out some food and water and I'm going to throw an old pillow by my front door. I went back down to find her, but all cat like, she's disappeared.

How do I tell if shes fixed? I don't want to take her to the pound because I'm not entirely certain she is homeless. I would put money on it though. I'm kind of afraid to fix it, but i figure if shes purebred, she wouldnt be outside.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

If she's a feral that's been through a TNR, the tip of one of her ears will be docked slightly. It'll look flat instead of pointed. If she's a pet, the only way to tell is get her to show you her belly and feel for a bit of raised flesh (feel up Nermal, you'll see what I mean) that marks a spaying.

Comment

You might still find a hint of a scar, you'd have to flip her over and move the fur around a bit, or if she doesn't mind her belly touched sometimes you can feel it. Check around with neighbors to see if anyone owns her.

Even if she was purebred she would be outside. It depends on the owner, I know some purebreds dogs and cats who have never seen the inside of the house. Others who barely set foot outside.

So I would just check around, I'm sure someone knows, you might even find someone else who is taking care of her and wondering the same thing as you and might be willing to go in on the cost with you.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Okay so weird. She LOVES people, or me at least, is very friendly. She let me carry her from the parking lot to my front door where I had food and water down. Once I set her down to possibly eat if she was hungry, she hissed at me and ran away. She was perfectly calm while I was carrying her. o-O

I felt her stomach, but it feels more like shes had babies (not recently). Couldnt feel a scar so shes probably not fixed.

Comment

I have an uncle that would adopt her in a heartbeat. He has nine cats, five of them Siamese. All of his cats are spayed females and he takes excellent care of them.

Comment

Oooooh, she's pretty!
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

She's a lovely one!
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I want to bring her in so bad but I cant. Space being limited, plus a bunch of other stuff thats reserved for LA.

:\ shes a pretty kitty. i'm trying to help but idk. CL in my area is flooded with "FREE ANIMAL TAKE IT NOW"

Comment

With that build, I could also say that she'd be pushing a Tonkinese as well (Siamese/Burmese cross and they can wind up fatter than their Siamese counterparts)
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Pretty kitty. She looks like the Siamese I had when I was a kid. It's a shame you're so far away or I'd offer to come get her off your hands. They're such friendly kitties and I'm pretty sure she'd get along with my other two.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

The best way to tell if she's fixed is to check to see if she has a scar. She's a really pretty cat. I think it's sad when people leave their pets behind.

Comment

I'd take her in a half a heart beat....

I don't know the procedure for any spay/neutor clinics out there...but I know the one my mom volunteers at they leave a tine green spot near the incision thats actually a tattoo its also helps them if they find said animal, they can check in a second if its been fixed or not...

~goes back to drooling over the cat wanting it~
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

The food is disappearing slowly, so someone is eating it. vv

Comment

Purebred doesn't mean anything in terms of outdoor or stray. When my Mom was a public health nurse we adopted (read: kinda kidnapped) a purebred Golden Retriever from a family that was going to drown him because he wasn't performing, and one of her cats is a Siamese stray one of her co-workers found but couldn't keep, she's an absolute sweetheart, too.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

coulda said euthanised, dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X