This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
    In years past, people often had to put the living before the dead. If you read more personal accounts of war and other difficult periods, you can see this too.
    Yeah, I was talking with my best friend recently about it, and she told me she thought it was better to spend money on the living, rather than the dead. Which I understand and to some extent agree with. (Friend knows about the whole thing and how I feel/felt, so please don't mistake her comment as insensitive - it wasn't.)

It's just a very bittersweet deal.

Have you talked with a counselor of some sort over this?
    Can't afford one, and even if I could, I'm not sure I want to blow $100+ an hour. (If I'm going to do that I'm damn well going to get something useful and tangible out of the deal like a new set of CDs or some nice shiny stuff at Kohl's.)

"Internet therapy" is cheaper and works better (for me) anyway.
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

If it helps, think of it as Bast's way of seeing that Mama and Baby Cat got help.

As for not having time/'net connection to browse here:
      I wear a MOD tag here. I haven't done actual MOD work in ages, because my mindset is a bit screwed up and I don't trust myself to be fair. The other mods are cool with it, and I'm sort of on unofficial 'vacation', welcome back when I can.
      Sometimes I don't even log on here at all for a month. And I'm still welcome back.

I'm sure we can welcome you back whenever you have the time. Keep your name/password, drop in when you can. We're here, and while some of us might not be at any particular instant, the group as a whole stays.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
      X