This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sharing some news...

So I debated about whether I was going to do this, but I am feeling so good about my life lately, that I wanted to share it.

Over 2 years after so suddenly losing my best friend and soulmate, I have met someone.
    We have actually been together for just over a month.

He is a really great guy.
    We have so much in common.
    He has a wonderful sense of humour and makes me laugh.

He loves children as much as I do, and he is so wonderful with my family.

He treats my granddaughter very well, and she absolutely loves him. In fact, she will ask for him instead of me sometimes.

He is very respectful of my daughter, and understanding of the situation, and while she was initially a bit reserved and unsure about the situation, she has come to really like him as well.

My foster daughter adores him too. She told her worker that she likes that he is so nice and so good to me, and that he talks to her and listens to her as if she is important and not just a dumb kid getting in the way.

He is very kind and generous, and it's quite obvious that he thinks the world of me.

He has many of the same qualities as my late husband, and I do have to force myself to keep from comparing them.

Things are just so great right now, and I am enjoying the moment after being so sad and grieving for so long.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

How wonderful Ree! I'm very happy for you.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Congrats!! That is wonderful news.

May your heart continue to heal.

Comment

That's awesome, Ree! This post makes me smile.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congratulations, Ree

Comment

Oh, Ree, that is so wonderful. I am really happy for you, and so glad you are happy.

Comment

That is wonderful news, Ree! I'm really happy for you, hon. This was a great end to the day

Comment

He sounds marvellous Ree My Mom always said that young children are great judges of character - if someone is a bit iffy, they tend not to want to be around that person that much.
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

He sounds like a good man Ree. Go for it!
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh that sounds awesome... I'm very happy and excited for you Ree. Enjoy.
                    If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

So glad to hear things are going well for you
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm happy for ya, Ree!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congratulations Ree!! I am so happy for you, and I love hearing how happy you are!

Comment

I'm so happy for you, Ree.

And no, don't be shy about sharing the news . . . everybody needs some good news.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yay Ree! However, if you're in St. Catherine's, I'm scared, because I might know you from the other side of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X