Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Husband: "I wish I'd been born in the 1930's. Don't you?"

Me: "No. No birth control, very limited career choices, pressure to have a big family, a global war coming into which you'd have been drafted, no dishwashers, and stockings that required a damn garter belt. Little interaction with people of other races. Also, no disposable sanitary napkins, they had to strap cloth between their legs with a belt. So hell no. Oh, and I forgot polio."

Husband: "Oh."
    That made me laugh! I sometimes wonder if I was meant to be born in the same era as my husband's parents but when I do wonder I also remember my modern conveniences that I so enjoy!

-not having to endure a boss who could put their hands on me and there would be nothing I could do about it.
    -not being able to speak up if I had a husband who beat me
    -my husband being able to have me institutionalized
    -limited choice on what I could decide on my own health care, I would have to clear some with my husband to get done. My doctor told me there was a time my husband would also have approve a surgery to have tubal ligation and if he said no it wouldn't be done.
    -ditto on the sanitary napkins thing
    -dishwashers and microwave ovens
    -central air
    -having a car with safety features
    -computers and cell phones
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• Heck even I, a white middle age male, wouldn't want to live in that time. I mean sure..there were some interesting things then..just like in just about any decade..but no thanks..if anything I think I was born too early. Give me 2050 or some such.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
        oooooo Which one did you get? I really want one to work on drawings and mine and the hubby's photos
        I got the Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch (medium) partly because I'd heard of the company and been recommended them before and partly the reviews.

I'm finding it easy to use and I'm getting used to it quite quickly. I like Painter Essentials, finding ArtRage a touch twitchy but I think I need to adjust a setting in it and Photoshop is always useful.
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

• Pain killers and My Little Pony. Odd combo, considering this is the first time watching it.

Comment

• Visiting the in-laws, where it has not rained in a month.

Walking barefoot on grass should NOT HURT, okay?
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Today as I was driving home to pick up my roommate I realized I probably made an impression on passing motorists. A smallish punky chick with short slightly spiky purple hair, wearing a strappy red sundress, driving a white tank of a car (90' Chrysler new yorker 5th ave) while blaring death metal through the car's shitty speakers.
              Attached Files
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• I'd pay to see that .

Comment

• I found a skirt for my Rarity outfit today. I just need to sew the diamonds on and we found a outfit for my sisters Fluttershy. Pretty successful really. Just need to find one dress and I'm pretty much set.

Had a rude bus driver though but that's in Sightings.
                  (from card I got)

Comment

• Lady Legira - Pics or it didn't happen. .
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Hehehe cheeky Myt!

Thinking about making a dog-proof chicken tractor from an old trampoline.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Where did I put my light blue fabric, checked my cloth box and it isn't there, Hmm sewing bag maybe?

Pics will happen when I've got everything sorted which knowing me will be the day of the con So expect pics of me as Rarity at Dragon*Con but if I can get a decent one before I will put in here.
                        (from card I got)

Comment

• I probably shouldn't take a Nerf Jolt to a cocktail engagment party, so I won't, but the temptation is incredible.

Comment

• If your allies' voice can convince anybody to do anything..how are you ever to be sure they have not used that ability on you .. to convince you they are your friend?

Comment

• If you can think of that, then they haven't (or they just didn't cover their power use correctly).

I saw a Mad Max Interceptor driving around last night... it was leaving my city. What does that say about our crime rate?

Comment

• I introduced my roommate to Captain Jack Harness tonight. And she proceeded to play a game on her phone instead of watching the second part of his 2 part intro. And I was so excited to introduce her to the most amazing pansexual character ever. Plus, he's hot.
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X