Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
    Walk into the Terry Pratchett panel dressed as the three witches (Granny, Nanny and Agnes). Get seats at the front because one of the panel loves Granny. Then spend five minutes having pictures taken of you.
    Oh my god... As an avid Pratchett-ite, I have to ask... Can you PLEASE upload a picture, so that we may bask in the glory? Cause I have never heard of a Discworld witch cosplay and it sounds AWESOME!

Comment

• So we went out wandering (aka shopping ) for my sister's birthday and ended up with:

A bottle of wine
      A bottle of amaretto
      A hunk of rosemary asiago cheese
      A bag of orange chocolate coffee
      A bag of highland creme coffee
      Several boxes & bags of flavored teas
      Some spices from Penzey's

I'm sensing a theme here...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        A guy in my writing group has a story where an entire town disappears, and a detective jokingly says that maybe they were abducted by aliens. The story is set in the 1930's. Yet 'alien abduction' was not referred to as such until the early 1950's, after the initial UFO flap of 1947.

NERD RAGE.
        Well, the book "War of the Worlds" was published in 1898, and the radio broadcast was 1938, so the thought of aliens was at least around in that time. It just seems that the phrase he used was too modern.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I'm only tired during the day when I need to be productive, but never am able to sleep when I need to wake up earlier than usual.

Fuck.

Comment

• Well, the book "War of the Worlds" was published in 1898, and the radio broadcast was 1938, so the thought of aliens was at least around in that time. It just seems that the phrase he used was too modern.
            That's it exactly. The idea of extraterrestrial life was not new in 1947 but until then no one had connected the possibility of aliens = UFOs (mysterious flying objects had been sighted for millennia but never connected with aliens). In addition, 'alien abduction' did not become a commonly reported phenomena until after the initial UFO flap of the late 1940s.

Yes, I am a dork.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth the_std View Post
              Oh my god... As an avid Pratchett-ite, I have to ask... Can you PLEASE upload a picture, so that we may bask in the glory? Cause I have never heard of a Discworld witch cosplay and it sounds AWESOME!
              I promise I will when I get home and I'm semi human at the very least.

On that note. Just a little while ago I found myself in the most serious and cathartic conversations I've had so far at Dragon*Con. I was talking to one of our people (Weyrfest rocks) who comes for the games of Are You A Werewolf that gets played most nights at Dragon*Con on the Anne McCaffrey worlds track. He's had a lot fo the same life experiences I've had and we both came out the richer for the conversation we had.
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

• Say you want to go to a museum exhibit that mostly consists of artifacts in glass cases. Say you have small children. Do you A) leave them home with a trusted babysitter or B) bring them to the museum, thus not being fair to them, yourself, or the other people who just want to look at some neat samurai armor? We chose A. Many other people chose B today.

Comment

• It's irritating that I will never have the chance to attend Dragon*con because I have a competing convention that I've been attending for over 20 years and on which I am staff. q.q

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    It's irritating that I will never have the chance to attend Dragon*con because I have a competing convention that I've been attending for over 20 years and on which I am staff. q.q

^-.-^
                    Ever considered smuggling somebody in?
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Home, tired, food and bed now
                      As soon as I start thinking
                      That I'm sensible and sane
                      The Random Hedgehog comes along
                      And fiddles with my Brain
                      (from card I got)

Comment

• After a disappointing summer writing-wise I have stories coming out in 3 anthologies this fall and in a Lovecraft-themed issue of a horror magazine. Not bad.

Comment

• I now have all of the National Geographic magazines from when I was a kid! My best friend's mum recieved them when we moved cross-country. She's been clearing out her clutter lately and so asked if I wanted them. *happy dance*
                          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I've wondered for some time, what the members of CS.com would think about having a "Roast" of its members (all volunteers of course). The problem being is, has a high chance of going into fratching territory and that would be bad.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• It's Navy Week at the waterfront....including a refurbished ship from the War of 1812....and I have to work
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Well the good news..the new medicine they have me on for my memory IS helping my memory and concentration. The bad news is not so bad..yes there is a side effect..but one I can live with. Not sure others can though... Causes *ahem* excess gas.

Edit : The reason for my mental fog and memory issues is toxins that my liver should clean (but doesn't) builds up. The medicine helps clean the toxins and helps me expel them. Without going into too much detail (too late? way too much info??) means I go to the bathroom more frequently. Also causes excess gas.
                                Last edited by Mytical; 09-12-2012, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X