No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because the doctor's a self-centered douchebag who doesn't have the first clue that anyone else might have a different opinion, despite the fact that a little over half the people polled continue to prefer the alternative.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• My son took a header into the concrete today. He looks like he...fought with the driveway and lost.

I feel so awful. I was concentrating on drawing the chalk mouse he'd asked me to draw and didn't notice he was climbing all over his stroller (like I've told him a thousand times NOT TO DO).

Poor baby.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I want to see a fanfiction about Boondock Saints.

Primarily one that explains why Murphy has the name "Norman" tattooed on his chest.

(and yes I know it's the actor's name, but still... it would make for an interesting story, no?)

Comment

• It's really beginning to look like I'll be getting back into doing education soon I've just been to a local University open day and they took some details so they could send me further information on a taster weekend course they are doing for Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring. I'm also starting a IT course in month to refresh my skills and applying for a course that will help get me back into the swing of schooling again.
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

• I'm copy editing this issue of a horror magazine...and I am horrified. I'd be ashamed to submit any piece of mine that had so many typos. All of the stories have multiple typos, sometimes three or four on one page...except mine. My entire 20-page story has one typo. And I'm not being snobby. I don't know why the editor accepted these when their writers obviously didn't even proof them once.

Disgraceful.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I'm copy editing this issue of a horror magazine...and I am horrified. I'd be ashamed to submit any piece of mine that had so many typos. All of the stories have multiple typos, sometimes three or four on one page...except mine. My entire 20-page story has one typo. And I'm not being snobby. I don't know why the editor accepted these when their writers obviously didn't even proof them once.

Disgraceful.
              Nobody seems to think this is important any more. Judging by the comments I see on other sites (not this one), poor spelling, grammar and punctuation are the norm, and if anyone says anything about it, they're criticized and called "grammar nazis". You'd think if someone wants to be published, they'd make an effort to clean up their submission.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• If A fly looses his wings is he a walk?
                If a tree falls in the woods and no living thing is around to hear it does it still
                Make a noise?
                How do we know green is not red or any other color? How do we know it's green?
                NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

• Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                  How do we know green is not red or any other color? How do we know it's green?
                  Green is green to us and it doesn't matter if what we perceive as green looks like something other than green when perceived by someone else as long as what we describe as green is the same thing others understand as green.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Khan: "Mommy, we have to fight Fin Fang Foom!"

Me: "Darling, I guarantee you that there are only two people on this playground who know who Fin Fang Foom is. And we're it."

I feel kind of bad because we have gifted our son with so much obscure comics knowledge that other kids have no clue when he wants them to be Fin Fang Foom, Living Laser, Kang the Conquerer or Drax the Destroyer. Most of them don't even know Doctor Doom or The Mandarin.

Comment

• Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                      If A fly looses his wings is he a walk?
                      Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
                      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                        Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
                        What has four wheels and flies?

A garbage truck.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• When is a door not a door?

When it's ajar.
                          The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• Didn't Vincent Price have the absolute creepiest voice ever? I just love it.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Fun fact: Price was leading man for most of his movies. But he's most remembered for the horror and horror farce. His favorite of all of his films, however, was Champagne for Caesar, which is not horror nor is he lead, but he is still all awesome.

^-.-^

Comment

• Vincent Price was epic in just about everything he did. One Halloween, for a answering machine I recorded parts of his speech for Thriller as the recording that answers when the machine picks up. It took HOURS, two tape machines, and a lot of patience..but it was epic. Especially that laugh.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X