Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's probably a stock sound.

There are certain sounds you hear all the time that you never really process until you notice them, and then you hear them everywhere.

There's a pressurized door sound that I know was used in Doom. The 99c Store uses a sound that's in the ICQ Messenger on their registers. There's several stock sounds from the Carmageddon series that I hear in movies all the time. And, most notably, the Wilhelm Scream.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Recipe for stuffing a plushie.

First get your stuffing, then get double the amount. Stuff your toy. When you've run out of that much get the same again. Then get just that little bit more...
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

• My 3-year-old just told me Bowser (his toy) is tired of being King Koopa and wants to abdicate.

This is what happens when you eschew baby talk and speak to your child like he's a regular person.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Just had a mental image of some shy GI forced into a public speech taking the standard line of "Just imagine your audience is naked." a little too far...

On being congratulated for a job well done by his CO, he tells her: "You looked great with nothing on!"

I think I should alter my ego...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I have a new story published today! Damn, that never gets old.

Comment

• So apparently there actually is more than one nice person on this block.

Was struggling with the lawn mower today, the grass had gotten pretty high and the mower wasn't handling it well...when along comes a neighbor from down the block offering the loan of his gas mower.

I'd met this guy once before, walking his dog which he had just gotten a week before from the SPCA.

Took him up on the mower. It got the job done very well! Next year that grass is coming out and some plants and mulch going in.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Cable provider is giving a free preview of Japan's NHK network.

I've been watching sumo matches for the last hour and a half.

Saw one sumo 'fist-bump' another on the way back to the locker room. For some reason I laughed.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• You laughed because that is hella funny.

When I was in Japan I saw a famous sumo wrestler in the airport. He was huge- it was an American named Akebono, he was even yokozuna for a while. He was very tall, which when I saw some of his matches later proved to be a real problem as his center of gravity was so high it was hard for him to keep balance.

Comment

• Spent 15 minutes watching four teenage Japanese girls trying to figure out what strange creature left a trail of footprints in their school gym.

It was a Michael Jackson impersonator doing the Moonwalk.

It wasn't a story or an anime or anything, it was like a reality educational program.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I ache from head to toe, been building shelves and carting things from here to there all day. First day of a store setup. Stocking for the rest of the week, god that place is big.
                      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Today on CNN.com one headline was "Voice of Elmo Denies Teen Relationship". I know the story but the way it was worded, I heard Elmo in my head saying, "I never had sex with him before he was 18."

Disturbing yet hilarious.

Comment

• Due to some douchebag claiming that some cosplayers were "real" fans, Gail Simone has declared today to be Cosplay Appreciation Day (complete with hashtag on Twitter) and the explosion of costumes is awesome.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Ever brushed a dog's teeth? Yeah, fun x2. The younger one kept moving. Almost took 3 people to hold him down. Somehow we came out unscathed.

Comment

• Today my MP3 player ran out of power while I was driving home from work. The song playing was "À Tout le Monde (Set Me Free)" by Megadeth, ending on the line...

"These are the last words I'll ever speak..."

Comment

• I don't believe it. Can't be true. No way. Somebody actually thinks the Onion flubs facts? I'll never believe it in a million years.

Next thing you know they will discover that grass in generally green. Or water is wet...
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X