No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thank them for the compliment. That's what I do.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Who the heck wants to be a bland normal?

Comment

• Tip for one of my customers: If your name is Wombat T. Figowitz*, I suggest not using your initials in your ad. Just sayin'.

*Not his real name, obviously.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Tip for one of my customers: If your name is Wombat T. Figowitz*, I suggest not using your initials in your ad. Just sayin'.
          Unless your business is very strange surprise parties.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Setting up a laptop the other day, it's one I use in another location, my last one blew it screen with a known heat issue lasted 4 years or more so I was happy.

So I get to Windows (yay one of the last W7 in the shop) and the background loads in and I turned to my sister and just said "fhtagn, fhtagn, Cthulhu, Cthulhu" after going she looked at the screen and burst out laughing.

It was a octopus frozen in ice with something on top. Having heard a radio production of Mountains of Madness recently it's seemed rather apt.
            As soon as I start thinking
            That I'm sensible and sane
            The Random Hedgehog comes along
            And fiddles with my Brain
            (from card I got)

Comment

• I have been reading lots of The X-Men lately. Instead of wanting to puke over Colossus and Shadowcat, I think they're adorable.

HELP ME I AM LOSING MY EVIL EDGE.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• The 'man' must be watching me. My life must be interesting enough for them to focus on little ol me..why do I say this? The FBI called me. Or at least that was what the person on the other side of the phone said..I don't know why they hung up..maybe the unending laughter? I don't know.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                  The 'man' must be watching me. My life must be interesting enough for them to focus on little ol me..why do I say this? The FBI called me. Or at least that was what the person on the other side of the phone said..I don't know why they hung up..maybe the unending laughter? I don't know.
                  Aww, I'm jealous. They just send me emails....claiming to have millions of dollars to release to me as soon as I send them my personal info...

Comment

• O. M. G. .. >_<

There is a ... I hesitate to call it a band... group of people with musical instruments who are... attempting to play at some house on the block across the street from mine.

The are horrible. The drummer can keep a beat, but that's pretty much all he can do. Apparently, he also only has a bass drum. There is at least one person playing a trumpet, and it sounds like he might be trying to play swing or some such... maybe...? I'm not sure what the hell they're really trying to do, but I do know they've got to be annoying the hell out of any immediate neighbors who aren't utterly tone deaf.

Thankfully, all I can really hear through my closed door is the drummer.

[edit to add] Oh, hey, the drummer must have at least one snare, too.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• *hands Andara cookies*
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• They took a break at 9, then started up again. And despite my threat to call a noise complaint on the stroke of 10pm, I didn't, and they quit their murder of melody not too much later, so at least there's that.

I'm actually hoping they only stopped because of the time. Because that means I won't be having to call the cops on them for any other parties.

The other house that has loud parties hadn't learned as of a month ago, however, and their back yard is on a diagonal off of ours. >_<

^-.-^

Comment

• I feel your pain Andara. Last week my neighbors had a party with mariachi singers that did not end until 2:30 am. Now I love mariachi music as much as the next girl, but after 1 am that shit needs to end.
                          Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

• The first time I called the sheriff (we don't have a police department in this city), it was because the group on our block and the group on the other block were both having loud parties and apparently trying to drown one another out. >_<

^-.-^

Comment

• Customer: It's 8 at night, why are you so peppy?
                              Me: I ate sugar for breakfast
                              Customer: You mean a sugary cereal?
                              Me: Nope! Just a bowl with sugar and milk, some days if I feel festive, I add sliced up bananas to it
                              Customer walks off.
                              B the MOD comes over: Tell the truth, there's no food at home.
                              Me: No there's food, I"m just really lazy. And if they're going to put a bowl of sugar on the table, that's just begging for me to dump milk in it and call it breakfast.
                              B: That's the sugar bowl and it's for everyone to use to sweeten their coffee! You goof.
                              Me: Don't care.
                              Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

• Customer: The ad goes online too?
                                New employee: Yes, it sure does.
                                Customer: Who's going to see it there?
                                New employee: Anyone who goes online can access it..
                                Customer: Like, where? All over the country?
                                New Employee: Well, all over the world, really.
                                Customer (laughing): Get out! All over the world! No they can't!

And the tech guys don't believe me when I tell them you can't make the website too simple...

Comment

Working...
                                X