No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I defined success as getting out of bed and going to my dads down the street. (about 200 yards or so).

I've been fighting a chest thing (Nasty cough, sore throat, chest hurting from the coughing, not getting any sleep...) last few days. Reached a peak last night and broke rather then going into full chest infection. Finally got plenty of sleep and got up at 3pm.

Then went back to bed a hour later and had another nap. Got up again and finally made it over to my dads for a coffee. I just feel so worn out now. Hopefully a couple of days of rest and I'll be back to my usual fighting fit self.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

• My husband gave me Wonder Woman shoes, and a book I didn't know I wanted (he said that, "Here's a present you didn't know you wanted.").

You can tell we're attuned, because I did want it without knowing it.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I want the soundtrack music for the game Ace of Spades.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Ehh, how about the song Ace of Spades instead because that song RAWKS.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• When making cookies and the recipe says to flatten the little balls of dough, a can of Fancy Feast makes a good "flattener"....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
              When making cookies and the recipe says to flatten the little balls of dough, a can of Fancy Feast makes a good "flattener"....
              An unopened can, I assume... unless you want cat-chewed cookies.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                An unopened can, I assume... unless you want cat-chewed cookies.
                What, no flattened balls jokes?

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  What, no flattened balls jokes?
                  I comsupress those memories.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                    I comsupress those memories.
                    That fell flat pretty quickly . . .
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      That fell flat pretty quickly . . .
                      Bicycles and teeter-totters are not a boys best friend...

Comment

• Going to my brother's home for X-Mas tomorrow, and I want to bring some chocolates along with the gifts. My brother is alergic to peanuts, so I figure I could find some peanut-free chocolates...

Right?

Wrong. Every box of every brand at 3 different stores said 'may contain peanuts and/or tree nuts' on it.

For Halloween, I found peanut-free chocolate bars all over the place. Why is it so hard to find at X-Mas?
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          For Halloween, I found peanut-free chocolate bars all over the place. Why is it so hard to find at X-Mas?
                          Liability issues.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Liability issues.

Rapscallion
                            I don't understand. For Halloween, Hershey' has a box of mini-chocolate bars with "Made in a peanut-free facility" printed all over the box... yet I can't find a peanut-free box of Black Magic or Lindor or any brand of "gift" chocolates.

Maybe they think that the peanut alergy thing is just a kids' thing...
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Halloween is a time of giving away candy, so candy is specially made in lots of different ways for Halloween.

Candy isn't a big deal at Christmas, so nobody goes out of their way to do anything special but for some cosmetic stuff.

I don't think they care about liability; they have the peanut facility note, so their asses are covered. It's more economic: they only do the peanut-free when they think they'll sell enough of it to cover the expense and the rest of the year they don't because it costs more to do than the "may have peanut dust" which all sells just fine already.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Chocolate Temptations from Willow Creek Winery....mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....like a chocolate cherry in a wineglass...

Comment

Working...
                                X