No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to self: Next Christmas learn how to make a Tom & Jerry.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• My girlfriend ordered a pillow for me online, one specifically for side and back sleepers. Well I got it today and I can use it when I pass out shortly.
      So glad we got a third person on our graveyard shift. We got shit done. It was awesome. And probably a first.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• My son just named his new stuffed owl "Garage Man".

Okay.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• In Le Supermarket today buying groceries, and a bag of ice melter. Put ice melter in my cart. Then noticed the song playing at that moment on the store's PA.

Can anybody guess which song it was?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Is it March 2nd yet?
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Is it time for my ultrasound yet?

Comment

• Ever have a song running through your head that didn't exist?

(I mean, or course it exists, because it's in your head... that's how musicians work, right? They take music from their heads and make it so that it exists, but that's not really what I meant...)

An explaination: I saw a commercial on TV earlier today for an Elvis impersonator on tour putting on a few shows in BC later in the month. Got me thinking: if Elvis was alive today, he'd probably be adding in to his performances of classics a few modern cover songs.

And what would that sound like?

So, for the last hour or so, I've got an Elvis impersonator in my brain blasting out a full-tilt rockabilly version of Nickelback's "Rockstar". It's sung at the same speed but the music is at double-time, with a Jerry Lee Lewis-style piano rocking out.

I need sleep...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  In Le Supermarket today buying groceries, and a bag of ice melter. Put ice melter in my cart. Then noticed the song playing at that moment on the store's PA.

Heh unless it was Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice...I have no clue.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Heh unless it was Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice...I have no clue.
                    "Cold As Ice" by Foreigner?
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Those are two good guesses, but nope. It was Paul Simon's "Slip Slidin' Away"
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        In Le Supermarket today buying groceries, and a bag of ice melter. Put ice melter in my cart. Then noticed the song playing at that moment on the store's PA.

What is "Ice Cold Ice" by Hüsker Dü, Alex?
                        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM. Reason: Now with umlauts!
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Isn't it funny when you watch old tv shows and see present day stars? You see how much they have..and have not changed. For instance, I've been watching The Pretender on Netflix..and who do I see? Well there are a few of course, but the one that jumps to mind is Jeffrey Donovan of Burn Notice fame..he has changed a little, but not much.

He is actually in a few of the episodes. He plays The Pretender's brother.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I've been watching the first few seasons of Law & Order and so far I have seen a very young:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Samuel L. Jackson

William H. Macy

And one guy I KNEW and could not place...I could see him, much older, in my head...then I realized he's the corrupt sheriff in Sons of Anarchy!

Comment

• if anyone hears a loud explosion from the PNW just look at the sports news, plus being a soccer fan the MLS schedule came out today. My twitter has exploded today.
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• So because of my newfound love for Batwoman, the Husband suggested I read "52".

But if I'm going to read "52", first I have to read "Infinite Crisis".

Oh, but if I'm going to read "Infinite Crisis" I should probably read "Identity Crisis".

Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X