Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    So because of my newfound love for Batwoman, the Husband suggested I read "52".

But if I'm going to read "52", first I have to read "Infinite Crisis".

Oh, but if I'm going to read "Infinite Crisis" I should probably read "Identity Crisis".

Holy crap.
    Don't. Read "52" and if you find a reference you don't get, read "Wikipedia" instead. Then if that sounds interesting, go from there.

For me, DC has become a ship without a rudder. There are parts that are interesting but trying to get the 'whole picture'... madness lies down that road.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Ok..now I want a "Red Shirt" from the original Star Trek show (not talking from the actual show..just something like the red shirt...gah I can't explain this) ... lol
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Don't. Read "52" and if you find a reference you don't get, read "Wikipedia" instead. Then if that sounds interesting, go from there.
        Too late! I already started Identity Crisis. Thanks for the advice though, if Infinite Crisis bores me, I won't feel bad about dropping it.

I knew that in Power Rangers they only used the American actors for a few scenes; the action scenes were lifted directly from the Japanese show (since they were always in helmets anyway you couldn't tell they were different actors). I've concluded that they also left the scenes with the villains in their lair alone except for some dubbing, mainly because all the villains that show their faces happen to be Japanese. I'm a regular Sherlock Holmes y'all.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Fun fact about Power Rangers; the original series to air in the US had a female in the yellow costume, but if you watch, the fight scenes involve an obviously male team member. Which is also why pink has a skirt and yellow doesn't.

I have a friend who is a major fan of the Super Sentai franchise. So much so that she gets raw digital copies of the episodes shortly after they air in Japan.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
            Ok..now I want a "Red Shirt" from the original Star Trek show (not talking from the actual show..just something like the red shirt...gah I can't explain this) ... lol
            ThinkGeek might have one....*checks ThinkGeek* They have t-shirts, uniform cycle jerseys and a red uniform shirt that reads "expendable"...

Holy crap they have a Star Trek magnetic storyboard!....Now I need that and the Enterprise pizza cutter...

I know I saw replicas of the long-sleeved uniform shirts somewhere...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Night terrors, nightmares, sleepwalking.

Are there any other childhood sleep disorders? Because if there are, I'm sure Khan is going to have those too.

>yawn<

This is actually one of the checks in my 'not having another kid' box. I'm not sure I can go through all this again.

(Sleepwalking is the worst. Seeing anyone, but especially your kid, moving around but with open but completely blank, is highly unsettling).
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I wonder where the heck my reading glasses are......

Comment

• In the past week I've gotten an industrial piercing which looks badass and gotten a very short almost buzzed slight punk kinda feminine haircut (think Pink's hairstyle just a bit shorter on top). I'm so glad my parents are supportive of me expressing myself. I enjoy being androgynous. I'll always be more feminine then masculine but that's fine with me.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Just think of all the conversations one could have if they lived in Hell, Michigan. The phrase, "Go to Hell" wouldn't be insulting. In your location status in forums you could honestly say in are in Hell. And Hell can actually freeze over. I wanted to move to Mars, PA but Hell, Michigan would be much more entertaining.

Comment

• Quoth Magic And Pancakes View Post
                      Just think of all the conversations one could have if they lived in Hell, Michigan. The phrase, "Go to Hell" wouldn't be insulting. In your location status in forums you could honestly say in are in Hell. And Hell can actually freeze over. I wanted to move to Mars, PA but Hell, Michigan would be much more entertaining.
                      Just think if somebody started a business called 'The Ninth Circle' in that town. Then they could say 'I'm calling from The Ninth Circle of Hell'.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Oh, hey, kitty, why are you jumping at the window, huh boy?

What's tha----OH There's a rat climbing around in the bushes outside my front window!!!!!

Do. Not. Want!!!!!

Comment

• What would love songs from Bizarro world sound like?
                          Meeeeoooow.....
                          Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
                            What would love songs from Bizarro world sound like?
                            Probably something like this...
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Dang it I am warming up to the current Doctor. Yes I am behind. I just watched this year's Christmas special. must rewatch everything. Way behind.
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• If the (Joss Whedon) Dollhouse system really existed I wonder how you could self enrol?
                                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                                X