No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they did volunteer, didn't they? I only watched the first season but people had to voluntarily sign up and sign contracts, they didn't kidnap people to be Dolls. Except the one girl, Sierra I think, who was placed in there by a jiltedboss or something.

If I see another horror movie with an evil, insane doctor I...guess I'll stop watching horror movies that are set in hospitals.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
      Just think if somebody started a business called 'The Ninth Circle' in that town. Then they could say 'I'm calling from The Ninth Circle of Hell'.
      Naaaa, you should call it "A Special Place" that way when someone is lookin' for something, you can say, "There's a special place in Hell for people like you"
      Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

• I don't get it. I really don't. I am 6'0", 250ish pounds..I walk with a cane...how in the heck do people not see me and/or hear me coming. The number of people I have made jump, because they did not see or hear me coming is mind boggling. When I was working for Wally World, another CSM threatened to tie a bell around my neck. I've had people ask "How is somebody your size able to walk so quietly." which was fine..when I didn't have a cane. The cane makes a clack, clack, clack sound as I walk. Yet..I still make people jump. How? I just do not understand.

I should be about as able to sneak up on somebody as a bull elephant.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          I think they did volunteer, didn't they? I only watched the first season but people had to voluntarily sign up and sign contracts, they didn't kidnap people to be Dolls. Except the one girl, Sierra I think, who was placed in there by a jiltedboss or something.

If I see another horror movie with an evil, insane doctor I...guess I'll stop watching horror movies that are set in hospitals.
          They were quasi found and basically given a "volunteer or go back to your life where you are facing X problem which will screw everything up" choice. It wasn't like they could walk in off the street and say "sign me up".
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Vertigo, how I hate thee, you frickin' bastard.

And no, I'm not talking about the movie...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Saw a preview for "Jack the Giant Slayer". I hate this fairy tale craze Hollywood is going through, because every adaptation becomes about the Big War between the good people and the naughty people.

Jack and the Beanstalk isn't about a war, it's about a single boy who defeats a giant with his wits. Snoe White isn't about a war, it's about a girl who is too foolishy trusting. Hansel and Gretel isn't about a war, it's about two children who defeat an evil witch.

When you take these stories and throw in a bunch of armies, it destroys the stories' original messages about self-reliance and using your brain. Disgraceful, IMO.

Comment

• Lots of snow out there, I've now got cold feet having walked home in my sandals (which I wear ALL the time). Think I'll dig out my boots for shopping tomorrow.
                As soon as I start thinking
                That I'm sensible and sane
                The Random Hedgehog comes along
                And fiddles with my Brain
                (from card I got)

Comment

• Tonight I shall wash with my Hello Kitty body wash, put on my Hello Kitty undies, my Hello Kitty sleep shirt, my Hello Kitty sleep pants, and my Hello Kitty robe. Tomorrow I will wear my Hello Kitty shoes, my Hello Kitty shirt, my Hello Kitty hair bands, and carry my Hello Kitty messenger bag. Perhaps I shall work out in my Hello Kitty sweat pants and then bake a Hello Kitty cake.

My name is Patricia, and I have a problem.

Comment

• Question: It's 26 degrees (F) outside. What should you wear to the grocery store?
                    Answer: If you're this woman I saw today, it's "T-shirt, short-shorts, and Uggs."

WTF?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Question: It's 26 degrees (F) outside. What should you wear to the grocery store?
                      Answer: If you're this woman I saw today, it's "T-shirt, short-shorts, and Uggs."

WTF?
                      Goosebumps the size of mini-marshmallows?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Question: It's 26 degrees (F) outside. What should you wear to the grocery store?

WTF?
                        I can understand the lack of thinking here, you know... it's only cold for them when they run from the building to the car, then from the car to the grocery store...

I live in a part of the planet that normally gets down to -30 to -40 Celsius for about a week at a time, several times during winter. I knew a guy who would wear shorts and sandals while walking to and from work in that kind of weather.

(conversion says -40 C = -40 F)
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Helping your son practice his swim class lesson by demonstrating the backstroke and yelling, 'Chicken! Airplane! Soldier!" to describe the moves is going to get you a condescending look from the teenage lifeguard. Look bitch, I don't need him to be Michael Phelps. I just need him to not drown, and if this helps, I'll do it.

Comment

• I think the so-called "wizard" of Oz was just a massive troll. He comes blowing into Oz from a directionally challenged air balloon, makes the gullible populace believe that he is in fact a wizard and has a massive disembodied head that yells at people and scares the crap out of them. I think he was just doing it for the lulz.

Comment

• I was watching that show Ghost Hunters while on the treadmill. I'd never seen it before. So these guys go through an old building saying, "Come on, we won't hurt you, we want to help, just give us a sign." and the moment there's a bump they're all "EEEEK! OHMYGODWHATTHEHELL!" If I was a ghost and that happened I would be A) offended and B) disgusted.

Comment

• Oh dearie me.

I think I'm watching a car crash. Lets call my mum's best friend "E" and her mum "F" with daughter and son of E called "G & H"

F has breast cancer, she's nearly 90 and generally not very able. E looks after her and works part time plus carers. G & H have convinced E & F that it's best for her to have the surgery to remove the lump which will be very trying on her if not physically (she is in good health aside from not being able to walk, clean herself etc and the breast cancer) then mentally. F is already beginning to give up which I don't think E realises (or doesn't want to).

G & H have been doing the house they live in up, in nice neutral colours. We are pretty sure they are waiting for F to die so the can say to E that she needs to move closer in case she has a fall or problem (she lives outside of the city in a small village) and I agree with them to some extent as E is in a wheelchair but she is capable. Of course they could surprise us.

Can we join the dots folks?
                                As soon as I start thinking
                                That I'm sensible and sane
                                The Random Hedgehog comes along
                                And fiddles with my Brain
                                (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                                X