No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a post con zombie, went to the sci-fi weekender. UK con, not bad though they need a lot of feedback on improvements that could be made.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
      I am a post con zombie, went to the sci-fi weekender. UK con, not bad though they need a lot of feedback on improvements that could be made.
      That has been said since they started running it... In most of the convention circles I'm in we couldn't find anyone who'd actually bought tickets last year yet loads of people won them... I don't think any of them went back this year actually.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Quoth Gizmo View Post
        That has been said since they started running it... In most of the convention circles I'm in we couldn't find anyone who'd actually bought tickets last year yet loads of people won them... I don't think any of them went back this year actually.
        Yeah we didn't buy ours. It was worth it for Brian Blessed being interviewed by Robert Rankin, Professor Elemental and some of the writing panels (when you could hear them )

One of the group we went with wants to start up his own Con, a fan based event that is something along the lines of Dragon*Con but in the UK. Obviously it would start out in a small way but would hopefully grow. Only a pipe dream now but I could see him doing it.
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

• Bwhahahaha, SFWA and John Scalzi cornered Random House and the publishing giant BACKED DOWN.

Good on you guys for calling out their bullshit, Scalzi and SFWA.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• So I'm reading "The Treachery of Kings" by Neal Barrett Jr., and there's a place called the Swamp of Bleak Demise.

I can only guess that he must have visited my old neighborhood.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• What gets me about the show "Game of Thrones" is that in the novels I always envisoned Cersei as being A) gorgeous and/or B) really charming. That is why people go along with her even though she's a complete idiot. But the actress who plays her in the show is neither.

Comment

• Came home from Lab from Hell today to hear piteous meowing from ... OMG BEHIND THE BASEMENT DOOR!!!

I went down in the basement this morning to turn on the dryer (needed my lab scrubs). Poor Fuzzy Britches must've followed me down there and then I slammed the basement door shut just before rushing out of the house ...

Comment

• My husband has been missing for the past two days. I *think* he was here last night sometime between 1 am and 7 am, because the food I left out for him in the fridge is gone, and Netflix shows that someone watched ST:TNG last night, and it sure wasn't me.

Comment

• This baby is definitely taking after his father (Rugz is known for being an introvert) - he's happy to be active when there is no one around, but goes to sleep as soon as someone wants to feel him kicking.
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• How come the shortcut for opening recent files in LibreOffice is:

<ALT> F U

... wouldn't a normal ordinary F U be sufficient?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Better than <Ctrl> F U
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Watched dancing with the stars..it was prom night .. my prom ... I was stood up by my date, got one pity dance..the story of my life for most of it..always socially awkward and the wilted flower on the wall.

Just makes me that much more thankful I've found somebody that sees me as the rose, not the thorn.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Just watched Dredd (badass!). I wonder how long it took Karl Urban to wipe that disgusted sneer off his face after filming wrapped up.

Comment

• Andre the Giant was on The greatest American Hero..I did not know that.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Me: "It's nice that in the new Ninja Turtles show you can tell the turtles apart in ways besides their mask colors. Mikey has freckles, Raphael has a crack in his shell and Donatello has a gap in his front teeth."

Husband: "Yeah, Leo's the only normal-looking one."

Me: "Yes, he's the NORMAL teenage mutant ninja turtle."

Comment

Working...
                                X