No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday to my son, who is 4 years old (as of 7:47 p.m. tonight, anyway). He is my favorite gift ever, even if I did have to assemble him myself.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I played D&D on Wednesday and Magic the Gathering today. Yay for fun stuff!

The D&D (4th edition) was part of the UK D&D Tweetup (A guy travels around the country running a game at each stop). We were playing a group of evil characters all with different agendas it was a lot of fun even if we did fail and resurrected the ancient evil

The Magic games were at my local bookshop which is running sessions for beginners and they provide some small promo decks to use (and keep). It was fun and the other people were nice.
      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Walked to the shops today and saw the last remaining flying Vulcan Bomber go overhead.

It was cool
        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Last night I dreamed that Vincent D'Onfrio kidnapped me. I was a detective and he was a criminal and I had put him away some years before, so when he got out of prison he did the logical thing and kidnapped me. He held me in some sort of gardening shed at a hotel. At one point I escaped and got a note to a desk clerk but he caught me before I could run. I woke up before I could see if the desk clerk believed me and called my partner.

Comment

• If 2am telemarketing calls become a 'thing' I am going to nuts, and I will not be polite if I'm called at that time of the morning. My dad just missed the call last night, it had better be a one off.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• *aaarrrggghhh*

Finally bought a couple of fluorescent lights for the basement -- which is coming more and more to resemble a dungeon as the lights fail one by one -- and even got one installed, with the help of a great deal of cursing.

The result ... nothing. Don't know whether I didn't instal it correctly, or whether there's something wrong with the ballast, or what.

There's no shortage of other dead lights, but they will involve (for me) a ladder, and I had enough problems with the one I got installed.

Somewhere this fall I will be calling in an electrician to install two fans that've been sitting here for a couple of years now. I'll get him to instal the damn lights at the same time.

Although if brother shows up before them, he'll get dragooned into doing it.

Comment

• Think I'll start a club called "Troupies: State Trooper Groupies"
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• So if in Futurama they had issue with Nixon becoming president of earth because of the rule of not being able to be elected a third time. However this was not USA so that means Nixon had previously been elected as the president of Earth twice.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

• Ugh, Micro napping stinks. Micro napping is where you are not quite awake, not quite asleep.. because your mind is going to fast to truly fall asleep. You have bouts where you sleep, but it does not last long, and then you are sort of awake again. Makes you more tired then if you didn't try to sleep at all.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• That's all my naps.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• An odd question that's been floating round my head for the afternoon...can cats catch the common cold?
                        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• One of my neighbors, notorious for calling my landlord for stupid things, was kicked out cause his apt was a mess. Apparently he passed away a week later. he had multiple heart surgeries, was diabetic all while he was smoking and drinking all the time.

Comment

• Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                            An odd question that's been floating round my head for the afternoon...can cats catch the common cold?
                            Not the same viruses that we get, but they have their own version. It's pretty common for them to get a respiratory infection, especially if they're feral. IIRC, it's related to the runny-eye syndrome you see in some cats.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I was sitting around, and my fiancee saw me get this weird look on my face yesterday. He (foolishly) asked me what random thing just went through my head, and I think my response ruined his brain for the rest of the night:

"The power of Christ issues forth from my duck-filled nipple cannons."
                              Fiancee: "What. The. FUCK!?"

I wasn't even on drugs...
                              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                              "What IS fun to fight through?"
                              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

• Confession: this week I have done everything from stage teddy bear hostage scenes to dress in a superhero costume made of gardening tools, all for an actor named Misha Collins who is on "Supernatural".

I have never seen Misha Collins in anything and have only watched 8 episodes of "Supernatural" and just never got into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X