Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are a couple of "Random Thoughts" I have been mulling over recently:

1) Do blind people turn on the lights at night? I mean, if the lights are on, it indicates that someone is present (which is why people purchase timers for when they are on vacation), but blind people can't see the light, and it would in no way aid them in getting around (which is what most sighted people use it for). I'm talking about when all members of the household happen to be blind.

2) What would it have been like if William Shatner had become Batman, and Adam West had become Captain Kirk? They both had similar methods of delivery, and similar builds and looks in the 60's.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

• Does office 365 not work on Feb 29 of a leap year?
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Shatner as Batman? I shudder to think, and not in a good way.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• One hot fudge sundae made with cashew caramel crunch ice cream should be all the ice cream anybody needs for the rest of the year....
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
            Here are a couple of "Random Thoughts" I have been mulling over recently:

1) Do blind people turn on the lights at night? I mean, if the lights are on, it indicates that someone is present (which is why people purchase timers for when they are on vacation), but blind people can't see the light, and it would in no way aid them in getting around (which is what most sighted people use it for). I'm talking about when all members of the household happen to be blind.
            I know that some blind people can see light, and that some legally blind people would be helped by turning the light on. Even if it doesn't do much for them, maybe it's a habit they picked up around other people...? In any case, interesting thought.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• I bought a playmat for Magic this weekend. The picture is of a beautiful woman with dragon wings sitting on a mound of skulls, with a chained woman at her feet (it's really pretty, I promise). My son saw it as I was unpacking.

Khan: "This lady has dragon wings!"

Me (not really thinking): "Yeah, I think she's a succubus."

Khan: "What's a succubus?"

Me: "Um. A lady with dragon wings..."
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• My backyard has become Toad Hollow. Toads are singing, singing, singing, echoing in the night...

Comment

• If I gave you two tickets to paradise, would you take me down to Cocomo. We'll get there fast, but we will take is slow. We can be wasting away at Margarita Ville, and check into Hotel California. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave.

We can turn the radio up for that sweet sound, I hope you dance. Because we will be dancing in the moonlight, sitting on the dock of the bay. ((It just won't end! Gah!!))
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Just got a replacement sub from the pizza place; first one was supposed to be no tomatoes, but it had loads of them.

On the wrapper for the replacement they wrote "XX Tom - Just kidding, No Tom"

Comment

• Just had a fun twenty minutes. My brother calls from halfway across the country, asking if I heard from dad. No, but I was waiting for his call as he is supposed to visit us this weekend and was going to call when he left. Seems my stepbrother, with whom he lives, is on a trip to Texas and has been calling since 9 am (it is now 1) with no answer. This is strange as Dad pretty much lives on his smartphone. I call, no answer. Stepbrother's girlfriend is on her way to the house but can't be there for an hour. I pull up the site of the police department in Dad's town and find their number to call them for a welfare check, as they'll be there faster than the girlfriend. First I try Dad's phone one more time. He answers! His phone died last night and he has been in the Apple store all day getting a new one. I inform him that everyone is freaking out and call my brother/stepbrother to tel them it's OK.

It's horrible but I was thinking of where I put the insurance stuff Dad gave me, and where I put the password to his safe, and the logistics of getting a 4-year-old and myself down to his town to plan a funeral. I hate being so pragmatic sometimes.

Comment

• You know you are a international traveler and prepping for DragonCon when you need to saw a prop in half to get it in your checked luggage.

As soon as I start thinking
                        That I'm sensible and sane
                        The Random Hedgehog comes along
                        And fiddles with my Brain
                        (from card I got)

Comment

• That song "Moves Like Jagger" comes on the radio.

Son: "That guy said he has to move his jacket."
                          Me: "...that's right."
                          Son: "Why?"
                          Me: "It's in the way. Some people want to sit down."

Comment

• I can't hear 'Moves Like Jagger' without singing 'Screw The Nether'. XD
                            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• I'm sick of my second job. Sick, sick, sick of it.

Comment

• I need to poke a skunk for some nasal relief...

When I went to bring in yesterdays grocery staples this morning... the bag of potatoes had a rotter.

Put it in an air-tight bag, and returned it. The kid at the service desk was going to shuck it out of the bag, having never dealt with a rotten potato before, but he listened to my warning to just peer within without inhaling. (Bill Clinton was a smart dude)
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X