• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did I
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• I have this thought a lot...

What good could Hitler have done for the world if he had used his extraordinary oratory skills for betterment of all his people instead of causing the Holocaust?
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• At work when I see someone buying George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, I ask them, "Is your favorite character dead yet?" No one has answered in the affirmative. I guess if your favorite character dies you'd just stop reading maybe?
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• People who drive on highways at night, please answer me this... what is the deal with high beams? I turn my brights down for oncoming traffic, and only half of the oncoming traffic turns theirs down. Is there new rules that says they don't have to, or are their vehicles unable to go from brights to regular lights at high speeds, or is it that they just don't give a damn?

(FYI, I have a second kind-of-job, where I have to drive 100 miles round trip and sometimes it's at night because I work through the day for most weeks.)
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
            I read that as "puff crotch"...
            Speaking of which......

I need to wake up more before I go browsing posts on G+ because I totally misread one that said Crochet Patterns as crotchless panties!
            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Remind me to be very careful if you offer to knit anything for me...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• You're safe, I don't knit
                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Quoth Cazzi View Post

You're safe, I don't knit
                  Crocheting is for happy hookers...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Why is Gremlins never on the Best Christmas Movies lists? I mean, the girls dad died trying to come down the chimney like Santa, and the Gremlins sing (snarl?) carols before killing that mean old lady. What is not Christmas-y about that?
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Had to rethink a Christmas present after a delivery went bye-bye (or the postie pinched the make up... not likely though ). I'm getting really pissed off that they keep ignoring my emails.
                      "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• While I was doing my holiday baking, I kept getting hung up on watching the textural changes as I made up batches of cookie dough.

Starts off with the butter and sugar mix, first it's all grainy and in chunks then as you mix it comes together and smooths out and forms a discrete ball. Then you add egg and for a while it looks all snot covered and slimy (eww, right?), but then the egg gets incorporated and suddenly it's a smooth, almost velvety looking mixture. Adding extracts makes it get a little grainy again, then you FLOOMPH the flour in, and see streamers and pieces of your sugar mix almost floating through the flour (which should be light and fluffy. I whisk mine to make it that way.), and again it's all pieces and chunks and pockets of flour, then almost suddenly it's dough and everything is all mixed in.
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Why does Comcast find it acceptable to threaten shutoff by X date, accept payment on X date and credit it immediately, but wait four business days to actually debit my bank account (thus delaying an even more important payment while I figure out how and where to get the money to cover it)?
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Got my NaNo winner T-shirt today *dances around wearing T-shirt*
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Yay-go on model it for us
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• If the internet ad for "Dance Moms" featuring the screaming woman with her gaping mouth actually makes people want to watch that show, then it's a sicker world than I thought. Yuck.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X