No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The radio mentions a news story about Pussy Riot.

Son: 'What's Pussy Riot?'
    Me: 'It's a band from Russia.'
    Son: 'What does that name mean?'
    Me: 'It means a mob of angry cats.'
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Confusion of the terms "diffuse" and "defuse".

Diffuse means to dilute or spread something around until it's (hopefully) imperceptible. I.e., aiming a large fan at a fart. Nothing to see here.

Defuse: from de-fuse. To pluck the sparkly thread of fate from Wile E. Coyote's fast approaching nirvana. No Boom!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• So in Witchblade there's this gap between two issues where Ian comes back from the dead to help Sara kill crazy mutants in Brazil, and in the next issue she's back in New York like, "Huh, I wonder where Ian went to. Oh well." I was confused...I mean, she doesn't seem very concerned about the guy who wants to kill and/or make out with her, who was murdered a few issues back, suddenly being resurrected in the Amazonian rainforest and then apparently disappearing (I guess he just saved her and took off into the jungle?) again. But then I remembered I was reading Witchblade and this actually is the least weird thing that has happened to Sara in this series.

Comment

• My best friend since 1961 died two weeks ago... A blood clot from his leg decided to play tourist... His wife of 40+ years died in November...

I've been getting the weepies at the end of the night at my weekend job as music librarian / DJ assistant / substipatoot DJ because this is the last song we play...

I know who who took Allen home...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I'm so sorry, Dalesys! *massive hugs*
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• gee kids lullabys are violent. Rocking a cradle in the tree top and the cradle falling. That's supposed to be soothing. I'm surprised kids don't have more nightmares.

Comment

• Quoth dawnfire View Post
                gee kids lullabys are violent. Rocking a cradle in the tree top and the cradle falling.
                If you think that's bad, look up the origin of "Ring Around a Rosie".

Comment

• Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  If you think that's bad, look up the origin of "Ring Around a Rosie".
                  yeh nothing like making a kids game out of the plague

Comment

• My nephew had some girl posting all over his Facebook about how she looooooved him so much and he was so different from the other boyfriends she'd had (seriously? They're 12) and she wanted to be with him forever. I showed my husband and he was like, "Dure, GTFO NOW."

Well I guess they broke up because Nephew posted how he's single and needs a girlfriend. I don't want to embarrass him so I didn't say, "You're 12. You don't need a girlfriend, you need some Hot Wheels."

Comment

• Quoth dawnfire View Post
                      gee kids lullabys are violent. Rocking a cradle in the tree top and the cradle falling. That's supposed to be soothing. I'm surprised kids don't have more nightmares.
                      Check out fairy tales-the original ones were for adults only-like the Ugly Sisters trying to get into the slippers by hacking chunks off their feet and having to dance themselves to death on red hot iron....
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• In Schneewittchen (Snow White) the queen is boiled alive at the end as well. I believe birds also peck out the eyes of the stepsisters as well in Cinderella.

Comment

• Dammit.

Karma doesn't exist. Anybody who says it does is a damn liar.

Goddamn fucking shitty sports.
                          Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 04-06-2014, 03:39 AM.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            In Schneewittchen (Snow White) the queen is boiled alive at the end as well. I believe birds also peck out the eyes of the stepsisters as well in Cinderella.

i remember hearing one version on where she was invited to the wedding and she thought all was good. then she was fitted with iron boots and they were filled with molten lead or the boots were heated to white hot, and she was forced to dance in them until she died.

in another version, she was so enraged at her stepdaughters wedding that she dropped dead at the sight of the couple. (the more 'nicer' version of the story)
                            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

• Just Why

Why, oh why did I look at my ex-husband's Facebook page? I really don't give a shit.
                              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

• Orange chocolate is da bomb.

That is all.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X