Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Cancer
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• On NPR the other day I heard an interview with this couple. They were male/female, but realized while they were in love they weren't attracted to each other, so the man underwent a sex change to become a female, and the women became a man.

That's really great for them and they must really love each other and all, but I confess my first thought was, 'That just seems like a lot of work.'
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
        Fuck Cancer
        Damn right, Elspeth.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• The OB said my uterus is bigger than it would usually be at 12 weeks, so we're getting an ultrasound next week to see what the cause is. There are 3 possibilities:

I have an unusually large uterus (not uncommon).

I am further along than they thought (unlikely, as I keep very careful track of my cycle).

I am harboring twins.

I can't wait to find out what's going on. None of these things is negative or dangerous to me or the baby (twins would be a shock, but if that's the 'worst' possibility...). I'm just intensely curious, and if somehow I am more than 12 weeks pregnant there are some blood tests that have to be done soon.

Comment

• IANAD, but I can think of a few more possibilities:

- Triplets
            - Quadruplets
            etc.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Oh, don't say that, then she'll be having quads and cursing your name.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Yeah, that takes it from shock to Shock to Financially and Psychologically Unfeasible.

Comment

• Elspeth, I agree 100%. Cancer can go fornicate with itself.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Didn't think this warrants its own thread.. sort of a brain burp here.

I was driving a party who will remain nameless ( ). I was taking them somewhere and had to ask them which way to go. "Turn straight up here."

Ok..is it just me or is that some sort of paradox? Either you turn, or go straight.. is it possible to do the two at the same time? I know they meant "Go straight up here" and that indeed was what they meant, but I think making the driver have a blue screen of death is a BAD thing... right?
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                      I was taking them somewhere and had to ask them which way to go. "Turn straight up here."

Ok..is it just me or is that some sort of paradox? Either you turn, or go straight.. is it possible to do the two at the same time?
                      I've seen "y" and "T" intersections where you need to make the turn to follow the main road, but if you keep going straight you wind up on a secondary road. Still, does "Turn straight" mean (physical) turn to (logical) stay on the main road, or does it mean (physical) straight line to (logical) turn onto the secondary road?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Husband gave Son the Essential Pokemon Handbook, which is like a paper Pokedex with about a million Pokemon and their stats (I know; I've read them all this morning).

Son: "Data! Data! Finally I have information!"

Comment

• I bought a package of screws tonight. It came with instructions.
                          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• Someone on a forum was describing how a guy asked her to name all 12 Doctors from Doctor Who. She 'schooled' him by telling him there are only 11 Doctors as the War Doctor doesn't count.

But...there are 12 Doctors. I don't know if they've aired any Capaldi yet (I stopped watching after Eccleston) but there are 12. I listed them all to be sure. Maybe she doesn't know about McGann (which might be a blessing for her...)?

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              Someone on a forum was describing how a guy asked her to name all 12 Doctors from Doctor Who. She 'schooled' him by telling him there are only 11 Doctors as the War Doctor doesn't count.

But...there are 12 Doctors. I don't know if they've aired any Capaldi yet (I stopped watching after Eccleston) but there are 12. I listed them all to be sure. Maybe she doesn't know about McGann (which might be a blessing for her...)?
                              Capaldi's eps haven't started airing yet.
                              Full list of Doctors:

1 - William Hartnell
                              2 - Patrick Troughton
                              3 - Jon Pertwee
                              4 - Tom Baker
                              5 - Peter Davison
                              6 - Colin Baker
                              7 - Sylvester McCoy
                              8 - Paul McGann
                              (War/Forgotten Doctor - John Hurt)
                              9 - Christopher Eccleston
                              10 - David Tennant
                              11 - Matt Smith
                              12 - Peter Capaldi
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• That was the same list I made. If you count the War Doctor (someone told me about him, I didn't see the episode) there are 13. So 12, or 13 depending on your POV. I see no way to claim there are only 11. Even if Capaldi's eps haven't aired yet, he has been officially named as the 12th Doctor.

(which might cause a problem as I vaguely remember in the original series at one point it was mentioned the Doctor only got 12 incarnations. I might be wrong though, or they might just throw it out. The new stuff seems like a completely different universe than the old stuff I grew up with).

Comment

Working...
                                X