Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    (which might cause a problem as I vaguely remember in the original series at one point it was mentioned the Doctor only got 12 incarnations. I might be wrong though, or they might just throw it out. The new stuff seems like a completely different universe than the old stuff I grew up with).
    Close. Time Lords get 12 regenerations, for a total of 13 possible incarnations.

They got around this in "The Time of the Doctor," Matt Smith's final episode, by explaining that he'd used up all of his regenerations already-- including the "metacrisis" in "The Stolen Earth"/"Journey's End" where Ten regenerated a second self from his severed hand. But then, to save Eleven from dying of old age and to stop the Daleks from running rampant again, the Time Lords-- still locked away in a pocket dimension-- granted Eleven a whole new regeneration cycle-- 12 more regenerations, at least-- which he promptly took advantage of.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Ah. I still see it as a different universe, I'm a curmudgeon. It's all so edgy and hip now (although I guess it was hip back in the day too- Sarah Jane's awesome bellbottoms and giant collars!). It seems less hip in the 90's than it did in the 70's, I guess.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• First time I've ever seen a TV station list "Flooding" as the following day's weather forecast...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I have a very odd phobia, and wonder what it might be called. It is a minor one, nothing life altering or anything. More curiosity as to what it might be called, if there was/is a name for it.

When I am ready to go to sleep.. I can not leave my neck exposed. Any other part of my body, no problem, but I just can not sleep at all if my neck is exposed. I can use a cover, any cloth at all, over my neck however.. and fall right to sleep.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I just found out Kim and Kanye got married (I am behind the times). I'm cracking myself up imagining the ceremony.

Preacher: "Kim, do you take Kanye to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Kim: "I-"

Kanye: "Hold one, I'm gonna let you finish but..."

Comment

• Why is it that people who don't know email from website, what a browser is, or how to do an attachment on email, still somehow always manage to find THE SHIFT KEY!!

Comment

• Common conversation with strangers:

Stranger: "What grade will you be in next year? First or second?"
                Son: "Kindergarten!"
                Stranger: "Wow, he's tall!"
                Me: "No, all the other kids are just short."

Comment

• My back yard is 1/4 weeds, 1/4 stuff I like (lilacs, peonies, roses, etc) and 1/2 oregano *sigh*

Comment

• Why does my kid believe his friends when they tell him he can get a girl pregnant by spitting into her tummy button, but won't believe me that there are forks in the silverware drawer?
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• I had a million-dollar idea in my sleep last night. I dreamed we were at an amusement park, and they had a vending machine that dispensed hot pretzels in wax paper. The machine also had all these nozzles where you could get cheese sauce, butter, chocolate syrup, whatever weird stuff people want to put on pretzels. They also had openings to get nuts, crushed peppermint, Parmesan, etc. Who wants to get started on a prototype with me?!

Comment

• Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana. Weird combination. Great show!

Comment

• Bored... no more rp games on-going... bored

Comment

• Nothing beats fresh local strawberries. Just sayin'

Comment

• I always thought the saddest part of the Star Wars trilogy was when Luke killed the Rancor in RotJ and the Rancor keeper looks at his dead monster and starts to cry. I don't know if it was in the script or improvised but it was brilliant. Here's this poor guy, probably a slave to Jabba the Hutt. And you know this guy has NOTHING in his life. Nothing except his Rancor, this monster he has raised since it hatched/was born/chewed its way out of the womb. He loves the Rancor. This Rancor is the son he will never have. And Luke went and killed it right in front of him.

You're a dick, Luke.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                I always thought the saddest part of the Star Wars trilogy was when Luke killed the Rancor in RotJ and the Rancor keeper looks at his dead monster and starts to cry. I don't know if it was in the script or improvised but it was brilliant. Here's this poor guy, probably a slave to Jabba the Hutt. And you know this guy has NOTHING in his life. Nothing except his Rancor, this monster he has raised since it hatched/was born/chewed its way out of the womb. He loves the Rancor. This Rancor is the son he will never have. And Luke went and killed it right in front of him.

You're a dick, Luke.
                                It gets worse than that if you've read the short story collection Tales from Jabba's Palace. The keeper had arranged to either purchase the rancor from Jabba, or was planning to somehow get it out of Jabba's Palace. It was literally going to happen within the next few days before Luke killed it.

Granted, it was in self-defense, but it was still a bit of a gut-punch to see that keeper start crying. The rancor's dying whine only made it worse.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X