Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    When my husband says things like, "Have you seen the Youtube video of the Finnish hicks playing a Bluegrass version of "Thunderstruck""? I am always set to wondering if this sort of thing existed before the Internet and we just weren't able to see it, or if the Internet somehow spawned these Finnish hicks who love AC/DC.
    Ah, but have you seen the "Thunderstruck" cover played on the cello?

EDIT: It suddenly occurs to me that these might be the same guys?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I hadn't seen that one. I like Apocalyptica, they do Metallica on cellos.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Mmmm, lavender cupcakes....

Now I need to know how to make those at home
        You can use lavender tea for the liquid or you can just chop up dried lavender and throw it in there. Tonight at the grocery store I saw lavender jack cheese. Interesting. I like flower-infused foods.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          When my husband says things like, "Have you seen the Youtube video of the Finnish hicks playing a Bluegrass version of "Thunderstruck""? I am always set to wondering if this sort of thing existed before the Internet and we just weren't able to see it, or if the Internet somehow spawned these Finnish hicks who love AC/DC.
          Me too! I have seen some weird stuff on youtube....
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Me too! I have seen some weird stuff on youtube....
            If you use the Internet and you haven't found something weird, then you're not using the Internet properly.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Props to The Lego Movie for a shout-out to Fabuland. I am the only person I know who remembers those toys (and I still have all of them too!).

Comment

• So I am pleased about my cosplay at WorldCon (LonCon 3) as I managed to get in the Guardian Second picture down, the Hooded figure from Welcome to Night Vale

I was so shocked and excited when my sister told me!
                Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                  So I am pleased about my cosplay at WorldCon (LonCon 3) as I managed to get in the Guardian Second picture down, the Hooded figure from Welcome to Night Vale

I was so shocked and excited when my sister told me!
                  great costume

Comment

• My son asked me to paint a miniature for him, and chose a big, beautiful Reaper shadow dragon. I was so excited to paint it...and then when the husband got home he asked Daddy to paint it for him, to look like Smaug.

Fine. I'll just go buy my own big, beautiful Reaper shadow dragon and paint it myself. With blackjack and hookers.

Comment

• I don't know why two teenage girls were so excited by a bendy bus... but sure whatever floats your boat - or makes your Instagram happy. Though my own account is a bit weird so I should be quiet there.
                      "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• Had to drop my husband off at work today since my car is in the shop. He works in a largish city. He's always complained about how, going to work, he sees idiots running into the street without looking and just blatantly walking down the middle of a busy road, daring people to hit them, because they either want to die, be injured or were born with no sense of self-preservation.

After this morning I can tell you, he's totally right. It's all true. WTF is wrong with these people? If a pedestrian takes on a car they will lose every time.

Comment

• Had a fun afternoon/evening playing Exalted (D&D type gaming system). It's a semi regular group so I'll get to do it more often.
                          As soon as I start thinking
                          That I'm sensible and sane
                          The Random Hedgehog comes along
                          And fiddles with my Brain
                          (from card I got)

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                            Had a fun afternoon/evening playing Exalted (D&D type gaming system). It's a semi regular group so I'll get to do it more often.
                            Exalted has a fascinating setting, I love that to death. It's just it seems too overly complicated for a beginner to figure out how to generate a character. I've tried to wrap my head around it numerous times, but it keeps eluding me.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Exalted has a fascinating setting, I love that to death. It's just it seems too overly complicated for a beginner to figure out how to generate a character. I've tried to wrap my head around it numerous times, but it keeps eluding me.
                              Yeah, the GM walked me though it and the other players got to explain some stuff in character to mine, so I got the feel for what they've been doing before I joined (they've been running for a while, My friend, the GM, invited me to join). It's fun being a room full of guys with only one character that is.
                              As soon as I start thinking
                              That I'm sensible and sane
                              The Random Hedgehog comes along
                              And fiddles with my Brain
                              (from card I got)

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                                Yeah, the GM walked me though it and the other players got to explain some stuff in character to mine, so I got the feel for what they've been doing before I joined (they've been running for a while, My friend, the GM, invited me to join). It's fun being a room full of guys with only one character that is.
                                Yeah, that's the trick, finding a GM willing to put up with a complete novice to set up a character and get into a game.

On another board, someone once decided to run a game set in the Exalted setting, with all its concepts etc., but using the FATE system, because they thought the Exalted system was too complicated.

I lurk on a couple different Exalted threads there. One is an Abyssal game, with a couple crews of Abyssal pirates that have just managed to expose a Sidereal as a threat to all Creation and secured themselves an embassy, of sorts, I think somewhere in the western seas. I like that game because the characters are very interesting, and they're starting to remember some fragments of their past lives.

The other's a Solar/Lunar game that has slowed down a bit, but they had started out with a lot of character personalities inspired by Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Comment

Working...
                                X