No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that someone could be shouting, laughing and playing loud music outside at 1:45 AM and it never occurs to them that they could be disturbing anyone else on the street.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

I lurk on a couple different Exalted threads there. One is an Abyssal game, with a couple crews of Abyssal pirates that have just managed to expose a Sidereal as a threat to all Creation and secured themselves an embassy, of sorts, I think somewhere in the western seas. I like that game because the characters are very interesting, and they're starting to remember some fragments of their past lives.
      Yeah, Ours is dealing with the return of the Scarlet Empress (it's about 20 days since she returned I think) and finding out about the Ebon Dragon. One of our members is basically wandering around the world sorting out something we need to wake up a god to help some people. He's got out of the deepwyld with some interesting new skills.

My character comes from the islands (as do most of the party) and is basically the diplomat of the party since most of them don't have the socalise skill. She is a courtesan and pretty well connected since her dad is a god (Plentamon the god of gambling). I generally so far flirt with everyone
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

• Ball gags for two year olds....an idea whose time has come

Comment

• My current one is how do people deal with raising children? After having two reasonably well-behaved (but high energy) kids for just a few hours, I'm exhausted. How can anyone cope with that all day, every day, for eighteen years?!
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post
            My current one is how do people deal with raising children? After having two reasonably well-behaved (but high energy) kids for just a few hours, I'm exhausted. How can anyone cope with that all day, every day, for eighteen years?!
            Well, the popular method around here is not to bother more than absolutely necessary. Just let the kid do whatever he wants. Mom's busy with her phone.

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post
              My current one is how do people deal with raising children? After having two reasonably well-behaved (but high energy) kids for just a few hours, I'm exhausted. How can anyone cope with that all day, every day, for eighteen years?!
              I can't! That's why my son spends a week in the winter and two weeks in the summer bouncing back and forth between grandmas. Everyone needs a break now and again. That's probably why you had them for a few hours to start with
              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• "Oh I'll try this, the film looks good. I should read the book first."

The biggest lie I've ever told myself. Over a halfway through book 2 of the Maze Runner Trilogy now. I only bought the first on Weds (and I've only read for 20/30 minutes at lunch and the walk to work).
                "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• The Letter to your younger self thread got me thinking (again)... If you could, would you REALLY change your past? It would change where you are now, even who you are now, maybe for the better. Maybe not.

I wouldn't. I'm happy where I am. I have some regrets, yes. But that's part of what has shaped the person I am, and each of those regrets taught me one or more important lessons.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• I was watching the Nostalgia Critic review of Sailor Moon last night when I began wondering why her name was BUNNY. (Usagi) In the Japanese version, that is.

When I mentioned this to someone, their response was, ''Oh! The bunny in the moon!"

What?

Yeah, apparently the side of the moon Japan gets to see has a pattern resembling not a man, but a bunny.

NOW it makes sense.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Japan sees the same face of the moon we do, it's tidally locked to the earth. They just perceive the mottling differently.

Comment

• Immediately after leaving the hospital I got jumped by a cold virus. So I have to wear a face mask in the NICU all the time. And now my son will think his mother always looks like the Winter Soldier.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Why haven't other earths tried to contact us?
                          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                            Why haven't other earths tried to contact us?
                            Because they know we're all bananas.

Crazy. Cuckoo. Nuts. Out of our ever-lovin' minds.

Comment

• Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                              Why haven't other earths tried to contact us?
                              How do you know someone hasn't tried? Maybe it was before we developed the technology to recognize an attempt. Maybe we STILL haven't developed the right technology.

Or maybe anyone else is too far away and their signal hasn't reached us yet. The universe is a BIG place. Other intelligent species aren't necessarily in the same galaxy even that we are. If they're even in the same galaxy, but, say, a quarter of the circumference away from us they'd be too far away for any possible signals we've created to have reached them. So they may not know that we're here to even think to try to contact us.

Or maybe another intelligent species hasn't developed enough yet to be able to try.

Or maybe there aren't any other intelligent species, for whatever reason.
                              Last edited by Kittish; 09-15-2014, 11:35 AM. Reason: More random thoughts

Comment

• Or they could be operating by something like the Prime Directive which mandates non-interference and no contact with insufficiently advanced cultures.

Don't want some idiots worshipping the newcomers, now do we?
                                Last edited by Tama; 09-15-2014, 10:32 AM.
                                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                                X