Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Tama View Post
    Wait, scratch that. Cupcakes for no one. I suppose that can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cupcakes.
    Oh dear. How about booze? Bacon? Pasta? Open to suggestions...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Oh dear. How about booze? Bacon? Pasta? Open to suggestions...
      I don't know how to fit booze into it other than as an accompanying beverage, but there is always pasta carbonara.

I love pasta carbonara.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Make it with the bacon marinated in booze? Hey, you asked...

Reddi-Wip should make chocolate whipped cream.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Last night the restaurant I went to was playing a happy hardcore version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine . Sounded like Marvin was trapped in some sort of squashing machine....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I saw a commercial for a new show called Secrets & Lies. But I already saw this show when it was on Netflix and everyone had New Zealand accents.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I saw a commercial for a new show called Secrets & Lies. But I already saw this show when it was on Netflix and everyone had New Zealand accents.
              What's it about? Government?

Comment

• We watched the original Trek episode "The Galileo Seven" and you know, McCoy is my favorite character but even I was like, "Jesus Bones, you're facing almost certain death and you're STILL taking the piss out of Spock? That's kind of a dick move."

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  We watched the original Trek episode "The Galileo Seven" and you know, McCoy is my favorite character but even I was like, "Jesus Bones, you're facing almost certain death and you're STILL taking the piss out of Spock? That's kind of a dick move."
                  Since Nimoy died I've gotten a little annoyed at people saying things like, "Oh the original show was all about Spock! Kirk was nothing without him, it was HIS show."

No. The original show was about the chemistry between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. That was the "lightning in a bottle" that made the show. At least, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Reversing the swing on the bathroom door was a success. I can use it now.

However....the wallpaper is very dark. And by 'dark', I mean 'this wallpaper is primarily black with gold swirlies on it'. Combined with the bathroom's lack of windows, it makes it feel much smaller than it actually is. Who the hell puts dark colors on the walls of a windowless room?
                    Last edited by firecat88; 03-09-2015, 05:58 PM.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• Marathoning "Vikings" is perhaps not such a good idea for someone who doesn't like to see a lot of blood splashed about ...

Comment

• Someone needs to write fan fiction on the last hours of the killer/ SPOILERNOREVEAL from Five nights at Freddy's 3.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Story on the Stupidly Early News about a local hospital doing a CT scan on the mummy of a Peruvian child, whose skull shows signs of cranial manipulation.

News Anchor: "I'm still trying to wrap my head around cranial manipulation."

Other News Anchor: "Essentially, cranial manipulation is wrapping things around your head."

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
                            Someone needs to write fan fiction on the last hours of the killer/ SPOILERNOREVEAL from Five nights at Freddy's 3.
                            Maybe not the last hours of, but certainly the last seconds of, and it's not exactly a fan-fiction, but it kinda counts.

(Warning: Gruesome sound effects) Link
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• On reddit this guy posted a picture of his kid in an owl hat, with a caption that his child was having an identity crisis. I joked that species dysphoria was serious and he should call his son by his chosen owl name, and let him stay up at night and eat mice.

Then just for a lark I Googled 'species dysphoria' and...it's a thing. Or some people claim it's a thing, at least.

Then my husband told me there's an old book called 'They All Died at Breakaway Station' which mentions this.

I was just joking.

Comment

• Thank you, Mr. Gas Company Man, for confirming that I do not have a gas leak in my house but do, in fact, have a defective gas/CO detector.

That's the second one (same brand) that's crapped out and managed to scare the bejezeeus out of us in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X