Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
    Why am I being told to beat IT in a song and what is IT?
    Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Eggs?
    You're both being called on the carpet.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Live-action Hollywood Ghost in the Shell slated for release March 2017. No, no no. No, thank you.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• You know you picked a good character to play for a tabletop RPG when the character starts talking to you and telling you her story.

My gaming group is making characters for the Dresden Files RPG, which is a very story intensive type of game. I'm making a Greek nymph changeling, from waaaaaaay back in the woods of the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas. Her... clan I guess settled in the area something like 900 years ago, they probably got to the continent with early Norse explorers.

The character doesn't know she's half fae (left home before she was old enough to be told), doesn't even realize til she gets out in the world that what she considers normal is... well, mostly NOT. And she's still regularly running (often face-first) into situations where her instinctive/learned response really, really isn't appropriate. And she wonders why there aren't any men out here with hooves...
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth Kittish View Post
          My gaming group is making characters for the Dresden Files RPG, which is a very story intensive type of game.
          Haven't been able to get into as many Dresden games as I'd like, but FATE is a great system for telling stories, as near as I can tell. On another forum, there's a Dresden game that's been running for about three years at this point. They post stuff on the boards, while most of the dicerolling and planning stuff takes place in IRC chats and GoogleDocs. But I love reading their work.

I got tangentially involved when the gamerunner started a second game in the same setting, just set in 1985 (it sadly didn't last long) and was sooo happy when I got to suggest a title for a big update they'd written. The PCs were about to set to work destroying some baddies' plan, and the players were discussing the methods in their chat. I believe they settled on fire/explosives.

I chimed in with a quote from the Dresden Files books: "Ah, the Bolshevik Muppet Solution."

Cue one of the other players thanking me for giving them a title for the post.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I'm currently feeling like a winner, shattered my phone screen on the way home.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• When Tom Hiddleston fans call him 'Hiddles' it makes me roll my eyes because 'HIddles' sounds like the name of an anthropomorphic rat in an English children's book.

He kind of looks like a rat, come to think of it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

• Saw this Pass It On billboard today: John Wayne "Don't much like quitters, son" and thought... "It needs a pack of cigarettes."

Comment

• I was thinking there should be a wrestler whose thing is that he's an Aztec priest. He could come to the ring dressed in feathers and severed human ears, and his finishing move could be where he pretends to rip out someone's heart.

Seriously, WWE. HIRE ME.

Comment

• With Khan as the accomplice...
                    I'm sure Khan can unleash a torrent of blood from the gods.
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Binge-reading Questionable Content...starting to see it in my sleep....send help....
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Binge-reading Questionable Content...starting to see it in my sleep....send help....
                        When they told you your mind needed some QC, that's not what they meant...

Comment

• A lot of people, when they retire, use their free time to play golf. What do professional golfers do when THEY retire?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Wine, Women & Song - The Pierre necessities.

Comment

• I go on holiday and my office decides to crack into the tub of roses I found under the desk. One day of doing my job and they need chocolate. I'm not a parent but I feel like I have problem children.
                              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• I should be grateful for Dragonball Evolution. That in conjunction with Japanese Shame (tm) we have Battle of the Gods and Revival of Frieza.
                                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                                X