Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Husbandsays I attract weirdos at cons and should be more stand-offish to them so they don't monopolize my time. I think of it this way: these people are socially awkward. They probably get once or twice a year they can really indulge their passion. If they want to tell me the plot of the military SF novel they are writing, or talk about their Big Bang Theory fanfic, or detail to me this season of Grimm, that's OK. I can spare 15 or 20 minutes of my life so they can have a better day.
    And somewhere out there, those weirdos are probably feeling more validation than they've had the entire lives because you did this kind thing for them. Good on you.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I've lost over 100 lbs but I'm still fat!

Why is it so hard?

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
        I've lost over 100 lbs but I'm still fat!

Why is it so hard?
        You've lost over 100 lbs?!? Well done, that's incredible!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
          You've lost over 100 lbs?!? Well done, that's incredible!
          I try to remind myself of that whenever I'm feeling discouraged or someone is rude to me. It doesn't always work.

Comment

• Last night I dreamed we moved to a house in the woods near where a family of Sasquatch lived. I left fruit out for them on a stump and we kind of became friendly. I wrote a book about my experiences and was invited to be on Coast to Coast AM. Just as I was about to be interviewed live by George Noory, my son came in the bedroom to tell us he woke at 2 am for no reason.

Dammit.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Hellvis Presley, an Elvis impersonator with horns and a tail, who sings Norwegian Black Metal in his Elvis-y style while a band dressed as demons plays NBM music in a 70's Elvis-y big band style.

Money.
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• The question was: What do you do with a lot of extra whipped cream?
                Answer: Get two spoons...

And yes I am aware there could be some X-rated answers to that...but no potential partners around, so, yeah, not happening Have to make do with a maple cream pie.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Almost bought the Star Wars shower curtain but they only had one with Kylo Ren and I really don't want that creep looking at me while I shower.

Comment

• How is it that my dad's side of the family were coal miners, yet I can get lost underground in Minecraft even with coordinates in a shaft that I'm mostly digging?

(on the plus side, I'm figuring out which of the 3 separate tunnels into the same cave I can do away with...but I think there's a spider spawner somewhere nearby and I really don't want to tunnel into it*)

* There has to be a way to find spawners/dungeons in a given seed
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I *hate* funerals, but all in all, I'm glad I went.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I have to get in a car tomorrow.

I've been dealing with anxiety all week over this.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• My 6-year-old played his first game of Battletech this weekend. I guess I shouldn't be surprised he won. After all, he beats my ass at Pokemon on the regular.

Comment

• Miniatures and mapsheets, or PvP mode in one of the Mechwarrior series of computer games? Also, what tech level were you using? Inner Sphere before the arrival of the Clans, Inner Sphere vs. Clan, Clan vs. Clan, or Inner Sphere post-Clan?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Miniatures, but I am clueless about the rest. Battletech is my husband's favorite game so all that falls to him. They had a two-person map I think? He said it was a version of the game from 1993, his favorite one. My son chose a mech called a Thunderbolt.

Comment

• 1993 was before the Clans were added to the storyline, so the tech level would have been Inner Sphere before the arrival of the Clans.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X