Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    I think it's your fanfiction so do as you please.

This morning I listened to an interview on the radio about how terrorist groups loot antiquities to finance their activities.

It's dreadful, but the interview gave me a terribly satisfying story idea...about a group of terrorists who loot a museum, only to discover that some things should remain locked up. Maybe something that once belonged to a certain Mad Arab...?
    That plot sounds familiar. Oh yeah, The Mummy.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• It was more a shower thought, but a good point you guys have.

Honestly the dead guy is a villain, but he was in love with the woman that killed him. I may have made him slightly sympathetic in that regard. >_>
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Is it bad that when I saw this listing for an old radar tower my first thought was "that would be a great place to hide from zombies"?
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• That plot sounds familiar. Oh yeah, The Mummy.
          I've accepted that there's no new plots. But you can give them unique twists to make them interesting.

Being an adult means you're about to make a disparaging comment about 'gender reveal' parties for pregnant people on your Facebook, then deleting it when you realize some people on your FB might have had gender reveal parties and you don't want to hurt their feelings.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Alternating between anger and denial.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              This morning I listened to an interview on the radio about how terrorist groups loot antiquities to finance their activities.

It's dreadful, but the interview gave me a terribly satisfying story idea...about a group of terrorists who loot a museum, only to discover that some things should remain locked up. Maybe something that once belonged to a certain Mad Arab...?
              I like it! A modern twist to an old story.

Comment

• There is no happiness like the happiness of a 2 year old who just got a tricycle for his birthday.

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                  Yes, I know it sucks, but you did it to yourself... again. Stop f*cking up and this will stop happening.
                  Is it bad that only 11 days later I have no idea who or what I was talking about?
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Random thought I had this morning while making my cereal:

With the U.S. "Labor Day" holiday coming up, I wonder how many pregnant women go into labor on Labor Day...

Just a random, weird, out of Left Field thought I had.

Though I've also wondered how many pregnancies occur on Valentine's Day, too...

And why are animals named what they are? I mean, in The Bible, it says that Adam named everything...so if you're a believer, what made Adam look at a cow and say, "that's going to be called a Cow"?

Even if you aren't a believer, somebody, somewhere had to name animals. I mean, who saw a cat for the first time, and said "I think I'll call that a cat?"
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I went into labor on Labor Day, eight weeks before I was supposed to. It was a great joke that got old very quickly. Oddly, it was very quiet that day in the ward, other than me and one other woman.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                        ...what made Adam look at a cow and say, "that's going to be called a Cow"?
                        My understanding is that it was Eve who named the cow.

Adam asked, "Why did you call that a cow?"

Her answer--"Because it looks like a cow!"

(Sorry, old joke!)
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                          My understanding is that it was Eve who named the cow.

Adam asked, "Why did you call that a cow?"

Her answer--"Because it looks like a cow!"

(Sorry, old joke!)
                          I like robot chicken's idea on how some animals got their names
                          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• 6 weeks.
                            Still crying every day.
                            No longer "living the dream".

I just can't.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I've become addicted to feeling utter dread about the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell movie. I keep jumping on all the new information to fuel my uneasiness. I am a sick, sick person.

Comment

• Yes, thank you, a leaky roof is JUST what I needed....NOT.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X