Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My song for today.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Here's mine.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• And mine...

Comment

• I'm sorry, neighbor, about your garden, but I like having deer in my back yard.
          I'll help you build a wire screen around the garden. Just let me know when.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• Reading a mystery book where the main character has a pet cheetah. As soon as the cheetah was revealed I started wondering when (and who) she was going to run down later in the story.

Chekhov's cheetah.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Being depressed isn't fun.

I wish my friends (do I even have friends?) would take me out somewhere so I can focus my thoughts on something else.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• If I lived near you Becks I'd take you out for coffee or ice cream! Or both!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Mmmm, coffee ice cream!

Rats, now I'm hungry...
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Maybe I'm just going to stop saying I like the rain. People seem to think I'm not sincere, or being emo, or SOMETHING. They might roll their eyes or start complaining about the rain. Or they say "Well, I only like the rain if it stops right away!" or some other negative remark. I've thought about my tone, and I don't think I sound insincere, I'm not like "OH LOOK RAIN I LOVE YOU!!!1!" I just walk in from outside and smile and say I like the rain. I normally don't smile much in the morning.

But since people keep making me feel bad about it, I guess I'll stop saying anything. I try not to tell people that I don't like temps above 75-80 degrees, why can't people just let me have this one thing? I live in the PNW, and I like the rain, goddammit.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• So if you win the Powerball, you'll get a house that's secluded enough (or a "donut house" with an enclosed patio) so that nobody can see you enjoying "nature's shower"?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        If I lived near you Becks I'd take you out for coffee or ice cream! Or both!

Thanks!!!! That made my day!!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• A fairly large number of jurisdictions require a charge for bags (usually 5 cents). Also, a growing number of jurisdictions are legalizing recreational marijuana (and even more are legalizing medical marijuana). If the bag charge faces a legislated increase to 10 cents, does this mean that dispensaries will be selling dime bags?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• So disappointed. Loved Caleb Carr's The Alienist/Angel of Darkness, and was excited for his new mystery...turns out it's dense, uneven, the characters are inconsistent and unlikable and some parts are just plain tedious. I'll finish it because I want to find out the details of the conspiracy (which involves every government agent in New York state apparently) but I'm not loving it like I thought I would.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Thought you guys might like to see my little computer helper Click image for larger version

Name:	20160920_225118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	2030670
                              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• AwwwwKITTEH! "So this is a mouse..."
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X