No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, after a stressful 11+ hour shift at work, am I being subjected to over two hours of passive aggressive lecturing about how I'm lazy and fat?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Sounds like my neighborhood. A lawn that is taller than 1/8 of an inch is Teh Ebil. The old lady across the street spends hours picking god knows what out of her lawn. It's NOVEMBER. Give it a rest!
      My goal for the lawn is to make my neighbor's lawn look great.

For many years my uphill neighbor made my lawn look great. They had the Chem Lawn service, and it all flowed downhill.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Today, my number one best at work boyfriend in NJ is celebrating a birthday.
        I miss him. I don't get to see him often enough.
        Unseen but seeing
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Why can't I put field turf in my yard? I'd never have to mow, and it would be green year round. If I'm ever rich and build a house on a good sized piece of land, I'm going to want to do this.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• In home invasion movies, everyone runs for the kitchen knives but bypasses the spray bottles of bleach, oven cleaner, drain unclogger etc. It seems to me that these would be effective, slightly longer-range weapons that would at least temporarily blind or disable your assailant long enough for you to escape or use the kitchen knife. But no one ever thinks to grab them
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Sometimes I have to wonder how movies would turn out if real physics was used...

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                In home invasion movies, everyone runs for the kitchen knives but bypasses the spray bottles of bleach, oven cleaner, drain unclogger etc. It seems to me that these would be effective, slightly longer-range weapons that would at least temporarily blind or disable your assailant long enough for you to escape or use the kitchen knife. But no one ever thinks to grab them
                This! Also, outside of the Scream series, when has running upstairs ever helped? All you do is trap yourself. My first instinct would be to run for the nearest exit, preferably with phone in hand. And don't get me started on people who keep stopping to look back over your shoulder; you don't stop running until you're somewhere safe with other people around you!
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  This! Also, outside of the Scream series, when has running upstairs ever helped? All you do is trap yourself. My first instinct would be to run for the nearest exit, preferably with phone in hand. And don't get me started on people who keep stopping to look back over your shoulder; you don't stop running until you're somewhere safe with other people around you!
                  To continue this theme, why is it that all of a sudden, people who haven't had any problems with balance and/or coordination just flat out lose it when they're being chased?

And why do the characters, one by one, separate from the group to "investigate"?

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                    Sometimes I have to wonder how movies would turn out if real physics was used...
                    Much shorter.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• My MIL is an idiot and my sister is a nosy bitch.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• So far I'm digging the new Garth Brooks boxed set...with the 25th Anniversary Edition of "Friends in Low Places"...

Comment

• Older Son is in trouble and has lost his screen time for the rest of the week. Too bad since he was excited about getting to buy the new Pokemon game today.

So I went out and bought it and placed it on his bookcase so he has to look at it alllll weekend, knowing he can't touch it.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                            To continue this theme, why is it that all of a sudden, people who haven't had any problems with balance and/or coordination just flat out lose it when they're being chased?
                            I don't know about being chased, but if I'm trying to run faster than I'm used to, I sometimes manage to get my feet tangled up. Don't ask me how, I don't have any idea.
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• just sitting here waiting to find out if we're still having Mommy's birthday dinner tonight...
                              my sister picked the day...
                              her daughter is in the hospital getting labor induced...
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Was at the charity store yesterday and saw a young couple had picked out some books on dragons...

So I told them it was pernography.
                                Them:
                                Me: "Pern..."
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X