No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many male pro wrestlers have beautiful hair? It's all thick and wavy and shiny.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Why do so many male pro wrestlers have beautiful hair? It's all thick and wavy and shiny.
      Check out wrestlers in the 80's...I think that's a fairly new thing...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Listening to Pandora right now...some of these songs should just be "let's get naked and do it!", but it's kinda hard to stretch "let's get naked and do it!" into a three or four minute song.

Comment

• I just found myself reading pages of arguments about the Kindle Paperwhite built-in light. That's right, people can argue about ANYTHING. I had heard that you can't turn the light all the way off, and stumbled into this long thread which basically ended with a bunch of trolls saying that the people who get "imaginary" headaches should just buy a different model (one is super cheap and one is super expensive, neither are equivalent products) and stop whining. It did help me decide that I don't want an e-reader that the light won't turn off. This seems a basic feature. /ramble
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            Listening to Pandora right now...some of these songs should just be "let's get naked and do it!", but it's kinda hard to stretch "let's get naked and do it!" into a three or four minute song.
            Well, when you consider that many of them would be lucky to last 3-4 minutes I'd say it's about right...
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
              Well, when you consider that many of them would be lucky to last 3-4 minutes I'd say it's about right...
              Well, this (NSFW) song probably gets the closest...

Or maybe this NSFW song.

Comment

• Ugh, I just saw the most godawful tumblr post talking smack about Scorsese's adaptation of Silence, and how it is whitewashing and glorifying the foreign barbarians etc.

Clearly this person has never read the book. Or a book, possibly.

Comment

• Do I really want to know why there's a purple studded dildo lying in the middle of the street...?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• The stray cat we adopted on Wednesday has ear mites and worms.
                    I wish the man of the household would learn that new cats need to be quarantined from the others.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• ...and he still lets the new cat out to mix with the general population...

Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Fellow in my writing group offered to pay me to help him do a final edit on his novella (this happens surprisingly often). I'm not a professional editor so I always tell people I will help them because I want to but won't accept payment. I did joke that he could buy me a chai tea latte from Starbucks if he wanted. Last night he gave me a $100 Starbucks gift card. As often as I actually go to Starbucks, I will never have to pay for a chai tea latte again.

Comment

• I got a reading yesterday, from a spiritually inclined friend. He's said that this sort of thing can be therapeutic, and I'm inclined to agree. I feel a little lighter. Plus he helped me get the meaning of a rather unpleasant couple of dreams.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• One of the good things about having a kid who never really plays with toys is that I have no clue what a Hatchimal is.

Comment

• If everyone in "Whoville" has the last name of "Who", does that mean that the doctor that lives there is "Doctor Who"?

Comment

• I sent my grandson (7) a list of his ancestors on his dad's side. I left the 'i' out of my ex-wife's middle name, 'Louise". Oopsie! None of my kids think it was an accident.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X