Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Saw a ridiculous comment online about 'tall privilege'. I'm not tall but my kid is. What is this tall privilege? The privilege of never having pants that fit? Of never finding a couch you can lie down on? Of being uncomfortable in airplanes? Of walking around with your shoulders hunched all the time so you don't stick out so much?
    Or having shorter people yell, "Hey, tall person! C'mere and help me get that stuff off the topmost shelf!!"

As I usually do at my retail job, LOL.

For the record, I'm average in height (about 5'5") and I hate having to get up on a stepstool or ladder at the store to get something.

And tell me about never finding pants that fit ... I'm average height but I'm out of proportion: I have a long waist but short legs. "Normal" pants for me are always a good two to three inches too long. Thank goodness for places like Northern Reflections that have "ankle" length pants.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I'm a 5'1" woman with a pear shape, boy do I know the pain. If it fits my smaller waist, the pants won't get around my hips. If it fits the hips, it's too big for my waist. Etc.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Or having shorter people yell, "Hey, tall person! C'mere and help me get that stuff off the topmost shelf!!"
        Being 4' 10.5" I do this frequently, but I am always very, very polite and apologetic about bothering them, and if they say no, I accept that they have no obligation to help me (although that's only happened once in about 20 years, and it was because he'd hurt his back and couldn't lift his arms that high).
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Me: 'What do you do at the beginning of a sentence?'

7-year-old Son: 'Capitalize. Like a boss.'
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• No, ma'am, your friend's death notice was not "a misprint." Death notices don't generate themselves; someone had to place it and before it ran, we HAD to verify it. No, I don't know who called you the other day. If it wasn't him calling from the afterlife, then it was someone else calling from THIS life. Have a nice day!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Why are cracker barrel's isles so small I think my sons adapted stroller would have ran into about 90% of the store had we of needed it.

Comment

• Do the drinks at the very back of the cooler ever actually sell?
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• most stores rotate them so they will and if its the supplier doing it here they pull the forward and put the new stock in the back.

Comment

• These bloody PEOPLE. They don't do what I want, they ignore my intervention, they defy expectations, they make me question myself and everything I thought I knew. Who knew writing was so much like having kids?

Comment

• Is it Thanksgiving yet, Daddy? There's a good sized hen turkey sneaking around the yard...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        These bloody PEOPLE. They don't do what I want, they ignore my intervention, they defy expectations, they make me question myself and everything I thought I knew. Who knew writing was so much like having kids?
                        *Snerk*

This is exactly the reason I write - because of the surprises!
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• We have whole nut chocolate.
                          We have fruit and nut chocolate.
                          Why can't have we have whole fruit chocolate? Just raisins and sultanas. No nuts.
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• It's weird when someone says that they never wanted to be anything other than a mom. I can't identify with that in any way. And this person is nice and her kids aren't terrible, I don't have anything bad to say about her. It's just the most alien concept to me. I can understand wanting kids, I get that. It's the "only kids and nothing else" that baffles me.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• This book was a great price, but it would have been nice if the seller disclosed that there was a large permanent security sticker across the inside back cover and dust jacket...I can't remove it without damaging the book or leaving enough of the sticker that it might still set off that style of security gate. I have purchased former library books where the tag has not been deactivated so would love to remove this one.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• My 2-year-old is screaming and crying that he wants to watch Charlie Brown and Snoopy.

A Peanuts special is currently ON TV RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE.

WTF kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X