No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband lost a bunch of weight using this app called My Fitness Pal. So I'm trying it. It must be working, because I'm freaking starving. Unfortunately I am one of those people who gets irritable when I'm hungry. In a few more days I'll go on the Dark Net and advertise as a Hitman. By then I should be angry enough to murder a stranger.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      ... I'm freaking starving. ... advertise as a Hitman. ...
      Payment terms: Allowed to bake, broil, fricassee, fry, jerk, smoke and EAT target.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I wonder if they have human flesh in their database of foods...

My Fitness Pal just told me it's concerned I'm not eating enough as I usually have a couple hundred calories left at the end of the day. What it doesn't know is that I do that deliberately in case I measured something wrong, or if, you know, a Reese's Cup falls out of the sky and lands in my mouth accidentally.

Comment

• I'm eager for the English-subbed next episode of Super. I haven't avoided spoilers since Harry Potter was big (and no, the "book" that came out recently doesn't count).

It's exciting

EDIT: Heck yeah, and the new Abridged episode is out now too!
          Last edited by Tama; 05-13-2017, 09:04 AM.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Was at the cemetery today with my dad and realized that my mother must be LHAO. The next door neighbor north where her body's planted is Eudora Quick​. So... she's between the quick and the ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• The kid who cries at movies wants to watch The Iron Giant. This is going to be a rough night.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                Was at the cemetery today with my dad and realized that my mother must be LHAO. The next door neighbor north where her body's planted is Eudora Quick​. So... she's between the quick and the ...

I went to visit my mother at the nursing home today. Not one of her good days. She was awake but not particularly responsive and not eating much (though they said she ate reasonably well yesterday). She's on antibiotics for pneumonia (a VERY bad thing, considering how compromised her lungs are after something like six decades of heavy smoking).

On my way home, I realize the uneasy feeling I'd been feeling all day was morphing into a genuine scratchy throat and sneezing. I hope to Bastet I didn't pass anything on to her.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Pro Bowler and Pro Bowler are two different things...

One is someone who bowls professionally, the other is someone who has been named to the NFL's "Pro Bowl".
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Lately I've been watching so-called "horror" movies on YouTube. Most are "horror" only in the qualify of the writing.

Watching one now, though, that has two (of a group of three or four) Merry Pranksters get what's coming to them. They think it's hilarious to call up neighbours and scare them half witless by telling them there's an intruder in the house, lock yourself in your room, OMG FIRST SUSPECT HAS THEIR KID, OMG THE KID IS DOWN ... and so on.

And now ... somebody's gotten to them. But whoever it is isn't stopping at just phone calls. He's using videos of their relatives (who seem to have been tied up and beaten), kidnappings of the one guy's girlfriend, and more extremely elaborate tricks. Close to the end now and I still don't know who's behind this ... or why.

Ooops ... just got my question answered.

Wow.
                    Last edited by Pixelated; 05-16-2017, 07:58 PM.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      Lately I've been watching so-called "horror" movies on YouTube. Most are "horror" only in the qualify of the writing.
                      Sometimes of the acting, too.

I've got three web horror vids that I hold up as good, and apart from one, they're all stand-alone vids.

The first is "There Are Monsters," which has that nice bit of subtly-off atmosphere. A couple of jumpscares, but imo, they work because they build off that unsettling atmosphere.

The second is "Still Life," which is good for those who find mannequins creepy, and evokes the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, in a way, and the ending changes everything.

The last is "No Through Road," which technically has four parts. It's presented as found footage, and honestly the first part alone is creepy enough by itself. Some British teens somehow end up stuck on an endlessly looping series of back roads, as things just get more disturbing from there.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I once saw a very short horror film on Youtube, I think it a contest entry, and can't for the life of me remember the name. It's about this group of British kids who goes to play in an abandoned building, find the electricity still works, and begin switching the light on and off as a joke. I thought it was very simple and effectively creepy. Sound familiar at all? I've never been able to find it again.

Comment

• Thanks for the recommendations; I'll look them up.

About midway through my "bug attack" -- now at the stage of "hellacious coughing fits" and "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE KLEENEX?!?" Still feeling pretty crappy, so I didn't even contemplate doing anything particularly useful today.

Planning to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow.

Unless I take my brother's advice ("Whisky for cough"). In which case I might not pick up the pace until Friday ... or whenever I sober up.

I was so mentally befuddled this morning that I phoned my doctor this morning to say I couldn't make it to my 8:30 a.m. appointment "because my car won't start." Wasn't until I'd rescheduled it and looked at the calendar an hour or so later that I realized ... the appointment was for NEXT Tuesday. No wonder the receptionist sounded so puzzled ...

And now I don't know whether my "new" appointment is for this Thursday or next Thursday ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I just watched a video about Pompeii and now I have the best idea for a story about gladiators in love. It is third in the queue of stories to write.

Google writing question of the day: what was the weather like in Pompeii the day Vesuvius blew?

(Answer: hot. And it only got hotter)

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              I just watched a video about Pompeii and now I have the best idea for a story about gladiators in love. It is third in the queue of stories to write.

Google writing question of the day: what was the weather like in Pompeii the day Vesuvius blew?

(Answer: hot. And it only got hotter)

There's a great BBC docudrama titled "Pompeii The Last Day" (or "The Last Day of Pompeii," depending on which upload you find). It's a very well-made show, giving faces and personalities (all speculative, of course) about some of the bodies found in the ruins.

I'm having coughing fits that make me sound like somebody in the last stages of TB. One of my cats is sitting there glaring at me. Apparently my coughing fits are interrupting his back-to-back naps ...
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• That seedling I sprouted last month isn't your typical houseplant, as it turns out....and mom's giving me care-and-feeding advice
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X