Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Is it a good sign or a bad sign that I now have a document saved titled "Resume shit" ?
    If you mean "resume" as in the thing you make up to go look for a new job (I can't figure out how to get that damn accent mark) ... yep, I hear ya. I've got a little carry-bag that I bought at a Goodwill store that's got all my job-hunting stuff in it.

And on an unrelated note, I just realized that yesterday was Mom's birthday ... not that she will know it ...

Brother will likely have sent flowers. Sister might have. I have no idea what, if anything, to bring at this point.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
      If you mean "resume" as in the thing you make up to go look for a new job...
      Yeah that's what I meant. Looks like I'm going to need one even if I'm applying for something else at the same company. Which sucks.

And on an unrelated note, I just realized that yesterday was Mom's birthday ... not that she will know it ...

Brother will likely have sent flowers. Sister might have. I have no idea what, if anything, to bring at this point.
      Just be there? Sometimes that's all that really matters. If you can do it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Working on a novella where the main character's father is dying of TB (in the 19th century) and I think today I'll get to his actual bloody death scene. Irony.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Yeah that's what I meant. Looks like I'm going to need one even if I'm applying for something else at the same company. Which sucks.

Just be there? Sometimes that's all that really matters. If you can do it.
          That's aggravating about the resume. Seriously, you're already there, so presumably they've already got a resume on file.

I'm taking today off (I have a job interview and dental appointment tomorrow) but plan to go visit her tomorrow after the dental interview. Visiting is about all I can do for her anymore.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Well, my life may be going to shit, but at least my hair looks faaaabulous.

That'll be some small comfort if I go apply for unemployment...I guess?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Why do we need to resubmit everything for public housing paperwork when all they need to be up to date is the most recent pay stub for each of us?
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Me: 'Tomorrow at the library is a program about making emoji art.'

Son: 'Cool, I'm going to make-'

Me: 'No poop emojis.'

Son: 'Awwww.'

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  Me: 'Tomorrow at the library is a program about making emoji art.'

Son: 'Cool, I'm going to make-'

Me: 'No poop emojis.'

Son: 'Awwww.'
                  Then he's gonna LOVE the upcoming Emoji movie...Sir Patrick Stewart plays a poop emoji...
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I'm going through my stockpile of random currency, and just found a Nunavut Canadian toonie....and in recent days I've been seeing a lot of pink camo entering the store O_o (Gravekeeper, is that you?)

...and at some point today my nickname at work became "Elwood"

Comment

• Khan: "Can I watch that Dragonball Z show?"

Me: "Let me break it your dad slowly and gently so he doesn't faint with joy."

Comment

• Chris Ayres had a very close call. I think a lot of Frieza fans are very on edge right now.

(COPD+advanced emphysema, he WILL need a double lung transplant)
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Holy windstorms batman! Sheee-it!

Gotta love the prairies.

Comment

• Saw a dozen or so "dust bunnies" pelting after their mother in my daughter's yard.
                            (baby Gambel's Quail)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• We now have a 'pet' rabbit that visits the side yard fairly regularly. S/he isn't afraid of much, and is munching on the bread and stuff we toss out there for the birds.

Comment

• If you insist on storing the ice cream in the freezer door, you don't get to complain when it starts crystallizing and getting freezerburned. That's grade school science stuff that your culinary degree should cover--why is this even a debate?

Comment

Working...
                                X