No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird thing is, I found out my new workplace lets us office people do Halloween costumes.

So that got me to thinking...

Since Hugo Weaving played "Agent Smith" in the Matrix Trilogy, AND Elrond in LOTR, I was thinking of combining the two, and being "Agent Elrond".

Or, get a fake chef's jacket, and an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh headdress and fake goatee, and go as "Gordon Ramses".

And I did briefly think of trying to find an outfit and going as one of The Doctors...

But then I thought no one would get it...so I might just do what I've done the last couple of years and wear my jack-o-lantern suit that I have.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Oh wow this is your new workplace... we know who you are now!
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• In the endless process of cleaning and disposing of things, I found the battered book that holds my usernames and passwords to a ton of sites ... some of which no longer even exist. Ah, the days when the Internet was so much younger ... as was I.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
          ... so much younger ... as was I.
          I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now...

... I disremember when that song was new ...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
            I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now...

... I disremember when that song was new ...
            Same here! I've found a radio station that plays all the Boomer stuff from the 60s (and 50s). I generally let it run nonstop.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Once a year I have to take the kids to the circle of Hell that is Chuck E. Cheese so I can keep up my ski ball skills.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Once a year I have to take the kids to the circle of Hell that is Chuck E. Cheese so I can keep up my ski ball skills.
                I've never been there. Must see if there's one in the area and give it a try.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• When you're falling asleep at your computer but you're far too tired to actually get up and go to bed ...
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I had mad skeeball skillz when I was a pup...noplace around here to practice though

(an adult skeeball league...now that would be interesting)

A friend sent me a DC-9 PlaneTag...Googling the registration number for the hell of it shows there's a chance I flew on the exact plane it came from. That's pretty cool.
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-25-2017, 12:23 AM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      Once a year I have to take the kids to the circle of Hell that is Chuck E. Cheese so I can keep up my ski ball skills.
                      Back when my niece was a little one, she was asked what she liked about Chuck E. Cheese. She commented, "I like the rat."
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I put Magikarp Jump on my phone and my son already managed to kill one. He made it jump too high and a Pigeotto flew by, snatched it out of the air and took off, presumably to devour it. Nature is cruel.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Same here! I've found a radio station that plays all the Boomer stuff
                          Air Force or Navy boomer?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Air Force or Navy boomer?
                            I've only heard "boomer" refer to a ballistic missile submarine. I don't think the Air Force has any of those.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              I've only heard "boomer" refer to a ballistic missile submarine. I don't think the Air Force has any of those.
                              If you apply enough power, *ANYTHING* will fly. Possibly in a close formation...

... of small parts!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• The "Boomer" stuff from the days when I first wrestled myself into a pair of bell-bottom pants ... and later tried wearing mini-skirts. Those Boomers.

And speaking of boomers ... I thought we either had a bad storm in the distance, or there was an invasion underway.

I'd forgotten about the fireworks tonight.

Even though earlier today I saw several FB warnings about keeping your pets calm.

Both my cats are comatose ... does that count as calm?
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X