Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    I guess my point is you can say something negative about pretty much any food, but why bother? Just to make yourself feel good and someone else feel bad. And for some reason this behavior seems to be allowed, and nobody calls them on it.
    I'd say that it depends on how it's said ... sometimes it's just a conversation piece, but admittedly sometimes it's a "one-up" type of thing. We had a discussion today about milk ... I'm a heavy, HEAVY milk drinker but a lot of my coworkers use it only in lattes or cereals or similar concoctions. One coworker said she believes the argument that milk has calcium and is good for bones is "bullsh*t". I managed not to rise to the bait, if bait it was.

I do know that the vast majority of humanity becomes increasingly lactose-intolerant as they grow towards adulthood, and that cow's milk really isn't a necessary part of anybody's diet. I seem to be in a minority.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• But you should appreciate people like that. It leaves that much more milk for the rest of us.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Everyone working here has heard of earbuds except for the cleaning crew. The break room gets loud enough, I'm tired of hearing Youtube reality show/hip-hop videos on crappy phone speakers.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• A dress is just a really long shirt, if you think about it.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• ...and can be worn like a shirt if you're daring enough (or vice versa...)
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Looking for a pinata for Khan's party and I see most of them now have these lame pull strings on the bottom to open them. You're never going to get a solid America's Funniest Home Videos entry that way.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Pull strings...? I thought it was dumb enough when we had to use wiffle bats cuz "sticks are dangerous"...

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  But you should appreciate people like that. It leaves that much more milk for the rest of us.
                  Very good point!

Doing some major work around the house today ... among other things, I've put together one box of binders and duo-tangs for donation, and have more of both so I need a second box.

So I empty out a box of other stuff, bring it into my bedroom, put it on the floor, sit down, pick up some binders, and turn to put them in the box ...

What IS it with cats and empty boxes?!?
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    ... What IS it with cats and empty boxes?!?
                    "I vant to be puss avay!"
                    Last edited by dalesys; 07-19-2017, 12:46 AM. Reason: cat reference :p
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Dear SCO attendant,

Okay, so I hit "0" when it asked how many bags and that is not an option so it errored, and BOOM there you are to point out the button that says "no bags." Well, fine thanks, but jeez you both scared me by practically JUMPING at me and made me feel stupid at the same time. I don't like complaining when I get fast help, but I didn't need or want help. I barely had time to READ the error message.

I realize I probably sound insane, but I just felt she was pushy and unnecessary. (Also the computer didn't need any override, all she did was point at the screen.)
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Why is it that whatever songs I set my YouTube playing,it always brings it back to Men at Work for some reason-is there some sort of infernal loop,it's programmed to home back to?
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          Why is it that whatever songs I set my YouTube playing,it always brings it back to Men at Work for some reason-is there some sort of infernal loop,it's programmed to home back to?
                          Aren't you from Australia or New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken? I forget which?

If so, maybe YouTube is doing some kind of "by location" thing, and aren't "Men At Work" Australian?
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• It's always the same set of songs... Toto Africa,then Men at Work Down Under,Who Can It Be Now?,It's a Mistake,Overkill...

And I'm a Kiwi,but I'm now in Pommieland...

Comment

• I'm listing a fossil shark tooth. Why do I get the standard dropdown materials list...? (yeah, it's made of plastic )

Comment

• I just got home after having a sandwich at a local coffee shop. My cat does the face-sniff thing, then gives me the stink-eye that says, "You had TOONA and you didn't bring me any!!!"

I am very much in the doghouse ...
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X