No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it gets even better. Thank you Kentucky for knocking off O$U.

Might as well hand Kansas the trophy and get it over with.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Might as well hand Kansas the trophy and get it over with.
      Okay!

Actually, if the 'Hawks play like they played tonight against a good team* it will not be pretty. Piss poor footwork, bad passes, worse shots, Morningstar being a showoff, a technical foul, AND a pre-game scuffle. These are not ways to win basketball games. We have had a pretty easy route to the Elite Eight, but I watched part of the VCU/FSU game and VCU played a helluva lot harder than we did.

The odds are good with Ohio out of the picture, but there are still three more games to play. To quote a certain science fiction character, "Great, kid! Now don't get cocky."

All of that said - ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK BITCHES!!!

ETA: Yeah, I only really develop school spirit in the post-season, when all this basketball business is no longer greatly inconveniencing me (I hate hate hate home games). Also, saves a lot of energy!
      Last edited by AdminAssistant; 03-26-2011, 05:20 AM.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
        I'm 31 and not too fond of thunder OR lightning. Especially thunder that lasts for 30 seconds at a time, rattling all my windows.
        At 40 years old it still scares the bejesus out of me, but I have to act like it doesn't bother me so my little guy doesn't really freak out.

Speaking of the little guy, he is as tall as I am. He also thinks I need a hug no matter what time it is or what I'm doing at the time. I'm not complaining since I do love hugs.

I noticed a couple of weird things at the hospital that Mr. Mis was at. All of the nurses were wearing white. When did that become popular again? I hated having to wear white when I worked in a nursing home in the late 80s early 90s and was glad when wearing white was phased out.

How can a hospital cafeteria have such yummy sandwiches while the rest of their food is disgusting?
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• How can a hospital cafeteria have such yummy sandwiches while the rest of their food is disgusting?
          I think it's because by the time that you've given up on the other hospital foods, you're so hungry that half-decent sandwiches end up tasting heavenly. Just like fast-food.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Have a semi crazy schedule for work coming up starting the 15th of April. Loads of overtime, swing shift, all kinds of odd hours...
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              To my children and others who think I teleport myself at will. It is not my fault you can't all hear me when I walk up to you and no, I won't wear a bell.
              That is so me too. Used to scare people at the call center because I walked so softly. The kids are totally annoyed by it.

Oh another note. In a diff note. Regarding the message board on a diff forum for ladies getting married the same month I am.(may) They had their hair trials in Feb. While jealious they have theirs done alredy I am a bit confused at how they think their hair stylist will remember three months down the way.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

• Why can't my aunt get over herself? She got mad at me last August because I disagreed with her but really, it wasn't as bad as she is making it out. I cried at church during my Great Uncle's funeral Thursday and all she did was glare at me while standing right next to me. If it wasn't for Mom's cousin moving to where I was and holding my hand I would have had to leave the church, no one should ever feel so uncomfortable at a a loved one's funeral they feel the need to leave and wait outside. I know she won't ever hug me again, she refuses to look in my direction, speak to me and is now trying to keep my Uncle my Mom's brother from family events. All just because she found out that I disagree (just barely) politically with her. At least I can hold my head up high and say I'm the one being mature about this and lady like during family gatherings while she is being the childish one. I can only hope that some day she realizes that I was the only one who really tried to have a relationship with her after Mom and my other Aunt gave up on her. I don't want to have a relationship with her, but I want her to stop being like this so my Grandfather can enjoy final years without having the tension. After he is gone, she can jump off a cliff for all I care.
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• Quoth monolayth View Post
                  They had their hair trials in Feb. While jealious they have theirs done alredy I am a bit confused at how they think their hair stylist will remember three months down the way.
                  Hm, that is odd. I could see talking with your stylist about what you might want far in advance (so that you can start experimenting with colors or cuts, or grow your hair out if needed). But....finalizing the hairdo three months in advance? Odd.

I wish more than anything that I could take my stylist to AR with me for my wedding. He's SO good! I dread the thought of putting my hair into the hands of a relative stranger for that day. (I do know some hairstylists down there, very sweet ladies, all of whom believe that "the higher the hair, the closer to God!" Umm, no thank you.)

Comment

• Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    I wish more than anything that I could take my stylist to AR with me for my wedding. He's SO good! I dread the thought of putting my hair into the hands of a relative stranger for that day. (I do know some hairstylists down there, very sweet ladies, all of whom believe that "the higher the hair, the closer to God!" Umm, no thank you.)
                    Do what my cousin did, have him do a few test runs of what you'd like, then take a TON of pictures from all angles and if you are doing some detailed things, close up pictures of that too. That way you can say I want THIS, and they will have many pictures to work from. Also if you are doing color, and it will need to be done, or touched up have him write down the formula so they have the amount of color they will need to match it.
                    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• The other thing I found strange in the hospital is they charge an arm and a leg for the nasty food in their cafeteria. However, my children did tell me the food in the hospital is a lot better than the food at their schools.

What did the hospital do with Mr. Mis's underpants?

Why is it as soon as I really like a product it gets "improved" and I can't stand it anymore or the product gets discontinued?

What would I do without all my friends at CS?
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• If you'll excuse me, I'll just be hiding in the corner until this catastrophe of a game is over. Seriously, What. The. Hell. Are we really gonna lose in the Eight to yet another no-name school??

Comment

• Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                          If you'll excuse me, I'll just be hiding in the corner until this catastrophe of a game is over. Seriously, What. The. Hell. Are we really gonna lose in the Eight to yet another no-name school??
                          You get used to it after a while.

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            You get used to it after a while.

So, so, so close, and yet so far away. I sincerely hope that when they get back, Reed and Morningstar are forced to do nothing but shoot 3's and the Morris twins forced to shoot free throws, and that KU fans get to punch them in the nuts every time they miss. That was some of the worst shooting I've ever seen.

ETA: Dear President Obama, Next year, please pick some other school to win the tourney. Thank You.

Comment

• Rooting for North Carolina or Kentucky is like rooting for crabs over herpes.

Too bad neither team could win.

Comment

• My legs, my legs! Owie owie!

I'm taking a bath tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X