Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
    You can get waffles at the 'International House of Pancakes' but you can't get pancakes at the 'Waffle House'.
    Maybe there is some place internationally that calls waffles pancakes.

And why would anyone want pancakes at Waffle House when their waffles are so delicious. Especially the pecan waffles.

Unfortunately we don't have a Waffle House locally, but this coming Friday and Monday we will on the road and will get to stop at a Waffle House.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Reading a book that mentions a yacht.

Son (8): "I know what a yacht is! It's a big, really expensive boat that has its own swimming pool even though it's in the middle of the ocean and like a big enclosed space with lots of couches."
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Unfortunately we don't have a Waffle House locally, but this coming Friday and Monday we will on the road and will get to stop at a Waffle House.
        Last time I went to a Waffle House (ages ago) they still yelled out orders. Do they still do that, or have they "modernized"?

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Reading a book that mentions a yacht.

Son (8): "I know what a yacht is! It's a big, really expensive boat that has its own swimming pool even though it's in the middle of the ocean and like a big enclosed space with lots of couches."
        Wait until he finds out a cruise ship is basically a big, floating hotel...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
          Last time I went to a Waffle House (ages ago) they still yelled out orders. Do they still do that, or have they "modernized"?
          They still do. After all, they are a diner.

Huddle House is a similar chain where I like to eat. None of those around here either.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• We need to teach children mediaeval insults.It would add so much to a temper tantrum if they can then shriek out 'Away,ye pox-bespattered shrew'...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Listened to a podcast about Matthew Hopkins and now I'm mad and want to write a story about a fake witch hunter who tangles with a real witch.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                ...and now I'm mad and want to write a story about a fake witch hunter who tangles with a real witch.
                I would very much like to read that. Please post a link if you ever do.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• I've been working my way through the UserFriendly archives and have just finished the cancer storyline from 2009. Dear god, my poor heartstrings...
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• what do you do when you can't fix the biggest problem you have and it's only going to get worse if you don't fix it?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      what do you do when you can't fix the biggest problem you have and it's only going to get worse if you don't fix it?
                      Might As Well Dance...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• A toaster oven should not trip the circuit breaker for an entire side of the kitchen when used at the same time as a Keurig machine. There's something wrong here, and I don't think it's with either appliance.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          A toaster oven should not trip the circuit breaker for an entire side of the kitchen when used at the same time as a Keurig machine. There's something wrong here, and I don't think it's with either appliance.
                          Keurig is ~ 8 amps, toaster oven is ~8-10 amps, that's enough to kill a 15A circuit or even a 20A circuit with a few other small things also running. I've had that problem before. :-P

Comment

• Ow Ow Ow ... I was vacuuming leaves with my leaf blower/sucker and I was getting shooting pains at the out edge of my foot near my little toe.

WTF. Old age is getting curiouser and curiouser. Moved my thumb to the slide switch to shut it off... ZZZAPPP!

It's dry enough I'm my own lightning generator!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• True, we've never had both running at once. We did have a previous problem with the kitchen wiring that as far as I know was never officially inspected/fixed, so that could be part of the problem. One of the outlet GFCIs on that side has tripped before, but this is the first time the breaker popped (took out toaster, coffeemaker, microwave and fridge--everything on that side of the room but shouldn't the fridge have a dedicated circuit?).
                              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-15-2017, 10:39 PM.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                                <snip>... shouldn't the fridge have a dedicated circuit?).
                                Yes, it should. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X