No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really have to give a justification for wanting to try out the Amazon locker location 3 blocks away?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I'm not saying I hate my job.
      I'm not saying I want to get fired.
      But I just discovered that our store's inventory zappers have a camera feature and i know how to post photos to the other employees.

I'm not saying it will happen but if my last day is a bad one, the limits are only in my imagination.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• I've gotten into the bad habit recently of referring to "All About That Bass" as "Meghan Trainor's Booty Song".
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
          I've gotten into the bad habit recently of referring to "All About That Bass" as "Meghan Trainor's Booty Song".
          I'd think that would be "Dear Future Husband"...

Comment

• Son: What's a 'green thumb'?

Me: It means you're a good gardener. You can make plants grow well.

Son: Oh. You must have a death thumb then.

Me: You know, I had an emergency c-section for you.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              Recently, like in the past year, I have seen people use the phrase 'kindly decline'. Usually like, "My neighbor asked me to cut down my tree but I kindly declined."
              If you've seen it written, it may be an "English as a second language" thing.

Comment

Naked babies are adorable.
                They still are when they grow up to be teenagers...

That's eighTEEN or nineTEEN of course...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Naked babies are adorable.
                  I don't know about that my sister's oldest son looked like a shaved ape for several years before he out grew that look. He was nicnamed Caesar at a young age.
                  I know of what I speak I was an ugly child and I grew into an even uglier adult and then add scars on top of that....
                  I'm thankful my kids got their looks from their mother.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Anybody else have co-workers that brush their teeth at work?

Comment

• Yes... Makes the sink kind of disgusting afterwards.
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Yep but he was good about cleaning up after himself. He was also a compulsive hand washer.

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
                          Yep but he was good about cleaning up after himself. He was also a compulsive hand washer.
                          This is the 2nd job I've had where I've seen people do that.

Comment

• I used to tease him in that everytime he had a dirty thought he had to go wash his hands. He's long since retired. His mother was a neat freak and so was he. My Mom is a neat freak, I'm a boarding slob.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                              Anybody else have co-workers that brush their teeth at work?
                              I had a coworker who not only brushed his teeth at work, he did it while sitting using the toilet.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Oooh Annihilation looks sweet. I don't know how they're going to work the story line since you learn absolutely nothing about Area X until the last book. Is that Jennifer Jason Leigh as the Psychologist? Perfect.
                                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                                X