No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's sister is in her 30s and lives with her parents and has no job and pretty much uses any excuse to not do...anything, really (so obviously I dislike her anyway).

On FB she posted that she thought she was bitten by a brown recluse spider, the bite has been there eight days and she is starting to feel ill.

I told her it was not a brown recluse bite. You know how I know? Because if it was then six days ago she would have noticed the flesh around the bite going necrotic and rotting.

It's a mosquito bite you lazy slag.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• What's wrong with her body that a mosquito bite has lasted 8 days? I agree it probably wasn't a recluse, but geez.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• I react horribly to mosquito bites and have had them linger a long time but I never counted the days. Of course with her it could be a pimple, a scab, her imagination, a straight-up lie...

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          My friend's sister is in her 30s and lives with her parents and has no job and pretty much uses any excuse to not do...anything, really (so obviously I dislike her anyway).

On FB she posted that she thought she was bitten by a brown recluse spider, the bite has been there eight days and she is starting to feel ill.

I told her it was not a brown recluse bite. You know how I know? Because if it was then six days ago she would have noticed the flesh around the bite going necrotic and rotting.

It's a mosquito bite you lazy slag.
          Hey, maybe it was a radioactive mosquito! Bet you never thought of that!
          Last edited by Pixelated; 06-28-2018, 02:12 AM.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• In my apartment building we use chip cards for the laundry. You can reload them in the laundry room. I reloaded mine with $20, put in a load, then came back upstairs with basket, bank card and laundry card. Got another load, started downstairs, realized I was holding my bank card, and went back into the apartment.

Can not find the laundry card ANYWHERE.

What the serious fuck ...
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Hey, maybe it was a radioactive mosquito! Bet you never thought of that!
              Giving her the ability so suck the life out of other people? Oh wait...

Can not find the laundry card ANYWHERE.
              I hate when that happens. My basic response to when it does: Try first to "reset" your perceptions, which may involve anything from "close your eyes and take a few deep breaths" to "go have a cup of tea". Then retrace your path, thinking about where you'd put something down and what else you were doing on the way.

Comment

• There's a fast food place that I stopped going to because they never ever got my order right, and even argued over a price which was posted on a huge sign right in front of the place. A guy at work said his girlfriend got transferred there and they tried to make her management with two months experience. I'm getting some insight as to why that place is terrible...
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I finally got my NES Classic! I went to the local Mart of Walls this morning at 4AM and got one! I even played a couple of games on it when I got home, while the family was still sleeping.

First game I played: Punch-Out!!
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I learned that the Aztecs equated childbirth with battle, the mother struggling with the gods to bring her child into the world. Women who died in childbirth were buried with the honor given to warriors.

As someone who had two difficult birthing experiences, I like this interpretation. Also it might end up in my new book.

Comment

• So I bought my first pair of gym tights today.

Now trying to figure out how exactly I can tell if the crop tops fit correctly...O.o

Comment

• You post and we'll have a look and tell you?
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                          Now trying to figure out how exactly I can tell if the crop tops fit correctly...O.o
                          If they don't show underboob/sideboob when you're jumping up and down/doing Downward Dog position they fit fine. If they do show anything, they're either too loose (not enough grip) or too tight (stretched too far).

You can always put a vest top underneath if the former.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• It's raining.
                            My roof leaks.
                            I still don't have a new job.

This little poem brought to you by
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                              If they don't show underboob/sideboob when you're jumping up and down/doing Downward Dog position they fit fine. If they do show anything, they're either too loose (not enough grip) or too tight (stretched too far).

You can always put a vest top underneath if the former.
                              Thanks, although I was kind of more meaning in the sense of the girls being supported. Everything I've worn (apart from my very first bra) has always been underwire, so I'm not used to going wirefree

Comment

• I just realized I have regular chocolate syrup, dark chocolate syrup, AND a jar of hot fudge sauce in the fridge.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X