No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sis places book (Lord of the Rings) on table in break room while heating up her lunch in the microwave.

Enter co-worker. "Lord of the Rings? Is that Harry Potter?"

Sis:
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Enter co-worker. "Lord of the Rings? Is that Harry Potter?"
      I...I...I... That wasn't a joke? Like when people say "Oh, Star Trek! Yoda is my favorite character!"

Anyway, I found out that when learning a particular task, two coworkers were so nervous and thought the guy training them was mad at them so they both cried! (separate incidents, way back) What! Neither of these people are delicate. I trained with the same guy and thought he was very nice and calm. Either he's mellowed, or I really don't notice anything. Or I have thick skin. I'm happy I didn't know this before I trained, or I would have been so afraid, lol!
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I attended the University of Kentucky so I know a thing or two about rabid sports fans. But damn Alabama, y'all take it to a whole new level of obnoxious (see 'Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer').
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Begging for sanity...

I have just had the most surreal evening. I was round my mum's, and just after 9 the dog started going nuts at something in the garden. I go out to check (we're not far from fields and have had mice and rats before) and find a massive hedgehog.

OK. Obviously it can't stay; the dog would kill it. What to do?

I ended up scooping it into one of those dustpan/brush sets with the verticle broom handles so you don't have to bend down, carrying it over my head through the bungalow (no side access) and jogging a few hundred yards down the road to the wasteland at the bottom where it's less likely to get run over or starve.

I'll let you picture that for a moment: a short, chubby 40 year old woman in her slippers, jogging down the road babbling nonsense to a hedgehog in a dustpan. I'm pretty sure I saw someone come out of their door and promptly duck back inside.

On the upside I don't think the hedgehog was too stressed by the ordeal. Half-way down the road it uncurled and had a good sniff at the air blowing past.

Seriously, how is this my life? Hedgehogs in dustpans, kittens climbing in bedroom windows... can anything in my life ever be vaguely sane?
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Welp ... unless I somehow magically stumble over the password for my old Twitter account, there is no way to revitalize it. I have to set up a new one, alas.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I attended the University of Kentucky so I know a thing or two about rabid sports fans. But damn Alabama, y'all take it to a whole new level of obnoxious (see 'Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer').
              While at UK did you ever hear the song "Rocky Top"?

Tomorrow one alma marter is playing another. The former is supposed to slaughter the latter.
              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• a hedgehog in a dustpan
                Perfect title if you ever write a memoir!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  I have just had the most surreal evening. I was round my mum's, and just after 9 the dog started going nuts at something in the garden. I go out to check (we're not far from fields and have had mice and rats before) and find a massive hedgehog.

OK. Obviously it can't stay; the dog would kill it. What to do?

I ended up scooping it into one of those dustpan/brush sets with the verticle broom handles so you don't have to bend down, carrying it over my head through the bungalow (no side access) and jogging a few hundred yards down the road to the wasteland at the bottom where it's less likely to get run over or starve.

I'll let you picture that for a moment: a short, chubby 40 year old woman in her slippers, jogging down the road babbling nonsense to a hedgehog in a dustpan. I'm pretty sure I saw someone come out of their door and promptly duck back inside.

On the upside I don't think the hedgehog was too stressed by the ordeal. Half-way down the road it uncurled and had a good sniff at the air blowing past.

Seriously, how is this my life? Hedgehogs in dustpans, kittens climbing in bedroom windows... can anything in my life ever be vaguely sane?
                  Why were pictures not taken?
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• We moved to a new state a couple months ago and today I am finally able to attend the local writers group for the first time. Wish me luck.

Comment

... Wish me luck.
                      I'll wish you lurk.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Yellowjackets are the trolls of the insect world.

*is nursing two fresh stings. Owie
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I dreamed we had a viewing party for the new episode of Game of Thrones. In a furniture store. Then Rory McCann showed and nobody recognized him. And now I am wondering about the feasibility of renting a furniture store for a GiT viewing party, because it was hella fun.

Comment

Wish me luck.
                            A belated good luck How did it go?
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Well enough, thank you. The participants are mostly older (like AARP-eligible) and the oldest is 97! She started writing children's books in her 70s. They have a great deal of experience but they're very...nice. They tend to focus on stuff like typos and grammar when I feel there were more obvious content and style issues to discuss. I hope in a few months I can encourage them to the level of my old writing group: shouting (lovingly) our criticism (always constructive) at each other. The published members seems to be all published by AuthorHouse, which makes me burn with curiosity to know if they've been screwed over as badly as some I've heard of, but there's no nice way to ask that.
                              Last edited by AnaKhouri; 09-10-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Can you believe it's been 17 years?
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X