No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a weird experience of...something...yesterday.

At my workplace, we had a small "celebratory" event that we have quarterly. Well, I don't really have friends at work. I generally have a little bit of trouble making friends anyway. I've actually gotten a couple of friends from previous workplaces, but I rarely see them.

Anyway, during the "eating" part of the event, I barely talked to anyone, and they barely talked to me other than pleasantries.

I don't dislike my co-workers. I get along fine with them.

The problem is, after the eating part, I shot a game of pool, then shot a game by myself. And when I was getting ready to leave, I felt this (for lack of a better word) loneliness there. It was strange.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      I do, but it's very thick and heavy. No clip will hold it and even in a ponytail it becomes a tangled mess very quickly. I am trying to stick it out though.
      It's time to resort to science to make you cooler. Find a Van De Graaf generator, use it to make all your hair stand on end, like this. Instant coolness.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        ... Find a Van De Graaf generator, use it to make all your hair stand on end, like this. Instant coolness.
        And you can shock the sheep out of anybody you touch!

I recomment holding a house key and touching them with that to reduce backflash to yourself.
        Be very very sure you are discharged before indulging in ingestion or excretion.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Is it normal to go to the farmers' market and buy no produce, only desserts?🤔
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Is it normal to go to the farmers' market and buy no produce, only desserts?🤔
            I fondly remember going to school on a breakfast of homemade fresh baked strawberry shortcake...

Comment

Is it normal to go to the farmers' market and buy no produce, only desserts?🤔
              Yes, that's normal. Maybe not healthy, but normal.

Comment

• I can get okra anywhere though. Individual peach cobblers made in a hippie yoga commune are only at the farmers market

Comment

I can get okra anywhere though. Individual peach cobblers made in a hippie yoga commune are only at the farmers market
                  Or breakfast sandwiches with quail eggs.

Comment

• Yesterday my son jumped up as I was leaning down and...teeth through my lower lip. Not pierced all the way through thank goodness, but torn flesh, 10+ blood-soaked cotton balls, massive swelling.

I figured out how to drink but still can't smile and eating is not fun. Swelling has gone down except for the directly ripped-up part.

My older son once jammed the corner of a hardcover Richard Scarry book in my eye, causing a whole host of new floaters, so I guess they both have their licks in now. Hopefully I am safe after this.

Comment

Yesterday my son jumped up as I was leaning down ...
                      And he's telling everyone, "Mommy bit me!"

Comment

I do, but it's very thick and heavy. No clip will hold it and even in a ponytail it becomes a tangled mess very quickly. I am trying to stick it out though.
                        Have you tried plaitting it? It's the only thing that worked when I was a kid and used to be able to sit on my hair.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Ha, that's what I usually do but I was trying to find something different. It's too thick to wear up for very long, it gets awfully heavy.

Comment

Ha, that's what I usually do but I was trying to find something different.
                            How about putting the plait up in a bun? If you French plait it first it tends to stay up better as you can stab the pins through the pattern on top for extra grip. You can also try making a "crown" with it, but that usually involves enough pins to pin a hot air balloon down.

By the way, weird fact that never seems to get taught; hair grips are supposed to be stuck in wavy side down or they don't grip properly. Getting my hair to stay put got a little easier when someone told me that!

Anyway, I'd better get to bed. It is my birthday in *checks clock* 6 minutes so I'd better get some beauty sleep!
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                              Anyway, I'd better get to bed. It is my birthday in *checks clock* 6 minutes so I'd better get some beauty sleep!
                              Happy Birthday to you,
                              Happy Birthday to you,
                              Happy Birthday dear greek_jester,
                              Happy Birthday to you.

And may you have many more.

Now to go convince Mrs. IA I have to eat a cake in your honor.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Watching a TV show with my husband about a woman who helps her son cover up a murder he committed, I comment that if he or his brother every killed someone, all they had to do was call their mom and she'd show up with a shovel and some quicklime (she's a sweet lady, but absolutely reptilianly cold-blooded in defense of her family). Husband told his parents what I said and they laughed (and agreed).

Yesterday I was talking to her on the phone and she ended the conversation, as usual, by saying that if we needed anything to call and she'd be there. In the background I heard my father-in-law yell, "...with a shovel!"

Comment

Working...
                                X