No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six months ago we moved to a different state, eight hours from where we lived before.

Not every day, but pretty often, I still find myself wishing I could just go home.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• It's been rainy and windy for over a week and I just love it. It's nearly the darkest shortest days and I'm this crazy person who is not affected by the never ending clouds and dark. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun too, but I'd rather have mostly cloudy days with a few sunny ones mixed in rather than mostly sun.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• So I emailed my brother about the plummeting Dow and asked "Is there where I liquidate everything and put the cash under my mattress?"

And got back what I swear was a panicky email saying "NO NO NO!! This is where you BUY!!! DON'T LIQUIDATE!!!"

This is what I get for letting him think I'm even more financially inept than I really am (and I really am pretty bad ...)
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Ahem.

GREMLINS IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

That's all.

Comment

• The old movie We're No Angels (1955) is a comedy set at Christmas time. And a good movie.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• If I moved to Costa Rica my pension and social security might keep me out of poverty....?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Ahem.

GREMLINS IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

That's all.
                Who the hell says that it's not, given that Christmas comes up a few times in the film?!

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                  Who the hell says that it's not, given that Christmas comes up a few times in the film?!
                  Probably the same numpties who argue that Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Bruce says it is not.
                    20th Century Fox says it is.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    If I moved to Costa Rica my pension and social security might keep me out of poverty....?
                    Moving abroad is hot topic for pensioners. I was in the Philippines in '95 (Fidel Ramos presidency). LOTS of US pensioners living there at the time. High standard of living for $400.00/month. I was paying $800/month for a duplex in Roswell, GA.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Watching Die Hard is a Christmas tradition in our house. How can it not be a Christmas film? It's set at Christmas, the protagonist learns lessons about valuing his family, there's a happy ending where the family are reunited, and the @rsehole journalist gets punched. Plus Alan Rickman. Everything is better with Alan Rickman.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Selling your old house is a pain in the ass.

Selling g your old house to a Chinese national is a pain in the ass x 1000.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          Selling g your old house to a Chinese national is a pain in the ass x 1000.
                          Details please. This sounds interesting.

Comment

• It's nothing very exciting. We've just been waiting for months to finally close because one of the buyers is still currently in China and the Chinese government really, really doesn't want its citizens spending large amounts of money outside China, so sending money from China to the US is super difficult and riddled with paperwork and delays. Even the US embassy has been involved since the buyer in China needed the buyer in the US to have POA and ugh this is taking fucking forever. We live 8 hours from the old house and have two small kids so we really need to know a closing date well in advance because traveling there involves a LOT of planning.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              It's been rainy and windy for over a week and I just love it. It's nearly the darkest shortest days and I'm this crazy person who is not affected by the never ending clouds and dark. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun too, but I'd rather have mostly cloudy days with a few sunny ones mixed in rather than mostly sun.
                              I used to feel that way when I lived in the desert. It was probably because I couldn't get away from the sun.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I miss my Wabbit. I wish we didn't have to give him up.
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X