No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting here on this snowless Christmas Day, watching scary videos on YouTube ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Finally tried the Instant Pot(tm) I got for my birthday (2 months ago ).

It does seem potentially quite useful(*), but there's no actual *manual*, just a recipe book with occasional important hints (like using the "Keep Warm" feature to do a slower stand-down from pressure cooking). I had to note from observation that the time-cooking display was HH:MM, not MM:SS -- fortunately, I was watching my pot of rice!

(*) I'd nominate this as either the first or second kitchen appliance for life in a tenement apartment or suchlike; with a with this and maybe an electric kettle, someone living alone could probably do without a stove, and maybe without a microwave.

Comment

• Deleted a game from my iPad thinking I could re-load it at the same level I'd had when I deleted it ... oops. I'm back to the beginning ...

I'm wondering if perhaps I'd had it linked to my FB account, it *might* have helped save the game.

Ah well ...
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• People know what to get my oldest for Christmas. This morning he was reading the new Minecraft novel, this afternoon he was reading The Thrifty Guide to Ancient Greece, and right now he's reading the first book in a series called The Last Dogs.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• A moment of silence, please, for the fruit fly that just drowned in my coffee ...
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              People know what to get my oldest for Christmas. This morning he was reading the new Minecraft novel, this afternoon he was reading The Thrifty Guide to Ancient Greece, and right now he's reading the first book in a series called The Last Dogs.
              I gave my niece three of Marie Brennan's Lady Trent books. They seem to have been a hit, I saw last night where she got book 5 from the library.

Comment

• Isn't that a great feeling? My son read the entire 4-book Last Dogs series between Wed-Sun and lamented there are no more. But a new book came out in another series he loves so he'll have that on Friday.

You know, it's been about 4 years since I recognized any of the music acts on New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Comment

You know, it's been about 4 years since I recognized any of the music acts on New Year's Rockin' Eve.
                  That recently? Been . . . eight? For me.

Comment

Isn't that a great feeling? My son read the entire 4-book Last Dogs series between Wed-Sun and lamented there are no more. But a new book came out in another series he loves so he'll have that on Friday.

Oh yeah -- same niece previously hoovered up Tamora Pierce, though She's not as enamored with Seanan McGuire as I am (oh well). I've also introduced one of my nephews to Dragaera.
                    He was asking about "Broke-Down Palace" the other day' I could assure him it's very good, but very different in style.

Comment

• Might your niece possibly like McGuire's Newsflesh series (pen name Mira Grant)?
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                        Might your niece possibly like McGuire's Newsflesh series (pen name Mira Grant)?
                        I think she's at least seen the first one, I should ask what she thinks of it.

Comment

• Trying to find vacuum cleaner bags for a really old vacuum cleaner is a lot of fun, LOL. Hoping a local independent vacuum repair/sale shop can help me tomorrow ...

Why don't I replace it? Because it works, and still works well. I'm hoping to hang onto it until it's beyond help. My last two forays into new vacuum cleaners were not terribly successful (as can be noted by the fact I don't have either of those vacuum cleaners but I still do have this one).
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Another thing to add to the list of things I had never done before starting lyra and now picking up burlesque classes: buying lacy bras and underwear

(No, you can't have pics!)

Comment

• The lone game store in town has a half off sale so the husband is helping me build the prettiest little Warhammer army ever.

Comment

• Bathroom floors should be raised/sunk to allow for an insulation layer and a heater pad.

... spent my late teens in a Cache valley farmhouse with the bathrooms on the north side... My mother called them, "Upper & Lower Slobbovia."
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X