No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is watching old TOTP from '86/'87 and is sure that music has died over the last 30 years...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• True confession: I cry at every Pokemon movie.

And I have seen. Every. Pokemon. Movie.

More than once.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Trying to find vacuum cleaner bags for a really old vacuum cleaner is a lot of fun, LOL. Hoping a local independent vacuum repair/sale shop can help me tomorrow ...

Why don't I replace it? Because it works, and still works well. I'm hoping to hang onto it until it's beyond help. My last two forays into new vacuum cleaners were not terribly successful (as can be noted by the fact I don't have either of those vacuum cleaners but I still do have this one).
        I would consider any vacuum my hair doesn't kill to be a good one. Haven't found any yet.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I would consider any vacuum my hair doesn't kill to be a good one. Haven't found any yet.
          This one is an ancient Sears Kenmore canister vacuum. They built 'em to last in those days. Only thing that's possibly better is the round Filter Queen my grandmother used to use ...

I found the bags at a small independent family-owned business that works on vacuum cleaners and sewing machines. The guy also fished out a crevice tool that (presumably) fits my antique machine (I haven't tried it yet, but the bags he found for me fit fine). Next up: I will be taking my 60-year-old Singer sewing machine in for some basic maintenance ... and to get the electrical cord replaced. It's so old that the cord is one of those cloth-covered ones ...

Anyway, this place now has my business for however long I am here or they remain in business. If/when my vacuum cleaner and/or sewing machine finally die, that is where I will go for a replacement ... new OR used.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            True confession: I cry at every Pokemon movie.

And I have seen. Every. Pokemon. Movie.

More than once.
            Will that include Detective Pikachu when it comes out?

(semi-topical note: Jigglypuff should NOT be fluffy!)

Quoth morgana View Post
            That recently? Been . . . eight? For me.
            Our NYE celebrations had a weird mix in Sydney: half the acts were people we all could recognise (which ran the gamut from Daryl Brathwaite to Casey Donovan*) and half the acts we had absolutely no clue over and kept groaning at their attempts to cover Australian classics. We were all happy to see Tim Minchin and absolutely floored when Ben Folds popped up.

* - the former guy sang "Horses", the latter won Australian Idol many years ago when THAT was a thing and has made something of a low-level comeback of late.

Comment

• Fluffy Jigglypuff freaked you out too? It just never occurred to me that it might have fur!
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                This one is an ancient Sears Kenmore canister vacuum. They built 'em to last in those days. Only thing that's possibly better is the round Filter Queen my grandmother used to use ...
                I have literally 3-foot hair. I wonder if it could stand up to that?

Comment

• Cat hair does a number on most vacuums, too. My vacuum cleaner gave out several weeks ago and I hate to spend $100-$200 on something like that right now.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Shoveling the driveway on Sunday morning... the driveway comes up from the street along side the house... as I lift up a shovel-full of snow, something black about the size of a softball hits me right in the chest, bounces off and lands on the ground.

It's a bird.

A bird flew around the corner of the house and hit me square in the chest.

It kind of shook itself, looked around, looked at me, and then flapped and it was airborne and gone.

Is the rest of the year gonna be weird stuff like this?
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                      Shoveling the driveway on Sunday morning... the driveway comes up from the street along side the house... as I lift up a shovel-full of snow, something black about the size of a softball hits me right in the chest, bounces off and lands on the ground.

It's a bird.

A bird flew around the corner of the house and hit me square in the chest.

It kind of shook itself, looked around, looked at me, and then flapped and it was airborne and gone.
                      Sounds like bird air traffic control wasn't doing its job
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Sounds like bird air traffic control wasn't doing its job

Comment

• New chat up line:Hi can l see if your Jigglypuffs are fluffy? 😇
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            New chat up line:Hi can l see if your Jigglypuffs are fluffy? 😇
                            How's that workin' out for ya?

I woke up this morning to hear one cat meowing at top volume ... repeatedly and VERY loudly. I mumbled that I'd get up and get breakfast soon ...

It took me an hour to haul my butt out of bed. At which point I discovered ... that the water bowl was absolutely bone-dry. No wonder the kitty was unhappy.

I should've known something was genuinely "off" because neither of them have EVER made that much of a fuss over food.
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              New chat up line:Hi can l see if your Jigglypuffs are fluffy? 😇
                              Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              How's that workin' out for ya?...
                              Kepps the bright red handprints on all four cheeks freshenened right up, it does!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Note to self: binge-watching Drag Race was a bad idea...(now have "Anaconda" stuck in my head)

Comment

Working...
                                X