No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My upstairs neighbors seem to hold nightly elephant races. It's not the ceiling, it's them. In over six years in this apartment, these are the noisiest neighbors we've ever had up there.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• The news says that gun deaths in my city are down, but gun violence id way up.

So they're trying to kill more people, they're just not as good at it as they used to be?
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Random thought of the day...

Christopher Guest is guitarist Nigel Tufnel of the band Spinal Tap... had the amp that "goes up to 11".

Christopher Guest also played Count Rugen in "The Princess Bride", aka. the six-fingered man... so his character also went up to 11...

Are there any other 11's in Mr. Guest's career, is this a running gag that we haven't noticed?
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• The sandwich van that stops off where I work every morning is trying something new this week. Cheese and Marmite scotch eggs. I think I'm in love!
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• So I swear that the hospital I work at is one of the few places in the world where the food actually tastes good.

Comment

• Boxelder beetles... All over the house, walking on me, swimming in my coffee, dying struggles on my tongue...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                So I swear that the hospital I work at is one of the few places in the world where the food actually tastes good.
                The hospital in my home town has good food, it's crazy! When my mom got her hip out I ate there a bunch, willingly. And the food my mom got was also good.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Back in the mid 90s, my dad was flown to Cleveland Clinic for heart bypass surgery, and my mom and one of my sisters went there to be with him. They said the cafeteria there had fantastic food. My sister still raves about their chicken salad to this day.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Just when you start feeling romantic about the samurai, along comes an anime like Dororo to remind you that they were actually total assholes.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      Just when you start feeling romantic about the samurai, along comes an anime like Dororo to remind you that they were actually total assholes.
                      Not unlike the knights of medieval Europe. There's a lot of romance around them, but they were actually thugs and/or mercenaries. If not for the tin cans they were wearing, they'd have been right at home in The Sopranos.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        Not unlike the knights of medieval Europe. There's a lot of romance around them, but they were actually thugs and/or mercenaries. If not for the tin cans they were wearing, they'd have been right at home in The Sopranos.
                        Well that explains the HEMA guys at some of the medieval fairs I'm at....

(I know some really nice HEMA guys, but we dealt with a number of them at one fair who thought they were exempt from the dead zone at our range...)

Comment

• The kids and I are taking a short trip with my Mom for Spring Break. 4 hour drive each way. She just asked me to bring my cooler so she can pack 'drinks and snackies' for the drive.

We regularly make a 6 hour drive with zero drinks or snackies.

No wonder I was a fat kid.

Comment

• There's a Mayo Clinic, but why isn't there a Mustard Clinic or a Ketchup Clinic?
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                              ... Mustard Clinic ...
                              That's where they give you the GoLytlely!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• So I was thinking about this yesterday...

It's a touch confusing to me.

Why do some people get tattoos where they can't see them, but only others can? Like on their back, back of the neck, etc?

Personally, I don't have any tattoos at all, but I get the ones who have tattoos they can see (like on their upper arm).

It's just a bit puzzling to me. That's all.
                                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X