No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see any in The Last Skywalker trailer, which made me unhappy. Chewie has one for a friend though, so I am hopeful at least one will be in the next movie!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• The last time I went on an adventure and took pictures of my stuffed Porg I ended up in the dock....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I didn't see any in The Last Skywalker trailer, which made me unhappy. Chewie has one for a friend though, so I am hopeful at least one will be in the next movie!
        Depends on if they're filming in Ireland again

And when all else fails, there's this: https://imgur.com/a/MrQts

Comment

• So if you had to bed anyone in the Discworld who would it be??? 😈
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            So if you had to bed anyone in the Discworld who would it be??? 😈
            Kit, we've arranged a date for you with sweet Esmerelda W.. Behave!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• For some reason my preschooler is obsessed with The Legend of Zelda. He tells everyone to call him Link. Today at the playground some kids asked his name and he said Link so I had to stand there and smile and pretend I named my kid after a video game character.

Comment

For some reason my preschooler is obsessed with The Legend of Zelda. He tells everyone to call him Link. Today at the playground some kids asked his name and he said Link so I had to stand there and smile and pretend I named my kid after a video game character.
                I doubt you'd be the first. I met a woman recently named Ripley. Her parents were fans of the movie Alien.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Vanelope hit the charts after the original Wreck-It Ralph. Of course, long before that, J.M. Barrie's book Peter Pan introduced Wendy. And then, a goodly number of "traditional" names are Biblical or mythological.

Comment

• C'mon, you folks on the Book of Faces, CHECK YOUR STORIES before forwarding them. Came home tonight to see two.

First: "Nicholas Winton, Savior of Children During Holocaust, Dies at 106."

Yes, very sad. Also four years old.

Second: "'All in the Family' star Jean Stapleton dies at 90."

Yes, very sad. Also six years old.

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• On the cat/insulin thing -- The ones I had always yelped/hissed at the shots themselves, temperature aside. Maybe that's it...?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

... I had to stand there and smile and pretend I named my kid after a video game character.
                        Talk to the late Robin Williams' daughter, Zelda Williams. Named after the video game character...

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                        Of course, long before that, J.M. Barrie's book Peter Pan introduced Wendy.
                        Not actually true. "Wendy" was known as a nickname for "Gwendolyn", and eventually a name in its own right, long before Peter Pan was published. It's listed in a number of census books and other books from way back when.
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• I have long, long hair and lots of it. Since moving to the US South it has been dry and constantly tangled. Leave-in shampoo is helping a little but I need to find detangling spray or something. What a pain

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                            Talk to the late Robin Williams' daughter, Zelda Williams. Named after the video game character...

Not actually true. "Wendy" was known as a nickname for "Gwendolyn", and eventually a name in its own right, long before Peter Pan was published. It's listed in a number of census books and other books from way back when.
                            I Iearned something today. Possibly related to Jo Walton's "Tiffany problem".

Comment

• I don't mind reading Pokemon story books to my kids purely because it's so fun to do Team Rocket's voices.

Comment

I have long, long hair and lots of it. Since moving to the US South it has been dry and constantly tangled. Leave-in shampoo is helping a little but I need to find detangling spray or something. What a pain

You need a hat.A pink camo one I have a supplier-simply ring them up and it will be dispatched to you in 2-4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X