No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to pay my rent today. Am now wondering why my rent seems to be suddenly $40 higher than last month ...

Yeah, gotta go talk to somebody about that tomorrow. Even if my rent had gone up (and I don't remember getting a written notice of a rent increase) it could not legally go up more than $15 or $16.

The women who took my payment sounded pretty puzzled herself when she read off the amount, so hopefully I'm owed about $40 back ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Chaos Theory in 2020:

"A butterfly coughs in China, and public gatherings get cancelled worldwide."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Is it considered to be in bad form to sing 'Another one bites the dust' while processing a remove user ticket?
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
          Is it considered to be in bad form to sing 'Another one bites the dust' while processing a remove user ticket?
          Not as long as the user doesn't hear you ...

Apparently that rent hike was NOT an error. They said I should've gotten a notice about it last November, which is quite possible ...I don't remember getting one but that means zip.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            Is it considered to be in bad form to sing 'Another one bites the dust' while processing a remove user ticket?
            No, but it is considered bad form to use it when you're performing CPR, even if it is in the perfect rhythm for chest compressions. A more appropriate song is the Bee Gee's "Staying Alive", which has the same rhythm and a more appropriate message. After all, they do say that hearing is the last to go!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Eh? What did he say? Speak up!!
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Mom...I had our new coffee delivery sent to the new apartment for a reason. Why did you bring it back over here? We're just going to have to bring it BACK over tomorrow anyway.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  No, but it is considered bad form to use it when you're performing CPR, even if it is in the perfect rhythm for chest compressions. A more appropriate song is the Bee Gee's "Staying Alive", which has the same rhythm and a more appropriate message. After all, they do say that hearing is the last to go!
                  I actually did bring this up when I was doing a CPR class (required part of my job).
                  The trainer saw the funny side.

On a semi-related note, I really need to learn how to keep it together when a coworker is making calls to patients and one of them has a REALLY unfortunate name

Comment

• Headlines:

The Shows You Should Marathon During the Pandemic

The Video Games You Should Play During the Pandemic

The Crafts You Should Do, Skills You Should Learn, Book Series You Should Read During the Pandemic

Obviously none of these article writers have children.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Today l learnt that in DC,Hawaii,New Mexico,West Virginia and Wyoming it is perfectly legal to have sexual intercourse with an animal. Why? What is wrong with these people???
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Paraphrasing Jeff Foxworthy on another topic, common sense or sanity shouldn't have to be legislated.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Sometimes when I need a little mood-pick-me-up, I go to YouTube and listen to Jim Cornette swear... there's a video about 3minutes long with a string of his swearing and insults from one particular podcast, condensed. Always makes me smile.
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Today l learnt that in DC,Hawaii,New Mexico,West Virginia and Wyoming it is perfectly legal to have sexual intercourse with an animal. Why? What is wrong with these people???
                            It's hard the tell some of the people in those places apart from the animals.

And sometimes the animals act more civilized.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                              Paraphrasing Jeff Foxworthy on another topic, common sense or sanity shouldn't have to be legislated.
                              And there's a corrolary; when the government attempts to legislate common sense or sanity, then people stop having it.

Comment

• I fully get the idea of sending out e-gift cards for local businesses, but knowing what's going on why can these gift codes only be used in person?
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X