No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am reading a piece for an online writing group. One line was, "She was too perfect to the real and too real to be perfect." Several other people commented what a wonderful line it was. Um, WTF? I said I had to disagree, as the line didn't even make sense and was the creation of someone who thought they were clever but were not. I didn't say it in those words, though. Nicer.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Got our plane tickets confirmed for our shortish trip to the SF Bay area in August...woo-hoo, can't wait
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I've cried so much today that my contacts have cataracts.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Baltimore's bus drivers are stupid... I went up to the front at my stop and had to look at the driver with a confused look before he opened the door. *annoyed*
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• I thought life might be simpler/easier after my parents finally divorced.....guess I was wrong.

Arggghhhhhhh
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• Why is it that I always find myself completely alone whenever I feel the need for a hug, a hand to hold, someone to physically talk to, or just to feel the presence of someone else? Oh god, am I being emo?
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Quoth Kara View Post
                Why is it that I always find myself completely alone whenever I feel the need for a hug, a hand to hold, someone to physically talk to, or just to feel the presence of someone else? Oh god, am I being emo?
                I think it is being human. I wish i could be there to hug you. Everyone need hugs.

Many Many hugs to you!
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Kara
                  Why is it that I always find myself completely alone whenever I feel the need for a hug, a hand to hold, someone to physically talk to, or just to feel the presence of someone else? Oh god, am I being emo?
                  *offers hugs*

Comment

• Why is it that I find good friend on the computer but not IRL?
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Why is it that Wednesdays always either start or end badly for me? Never fails. I'll either cry early in the morning on Wednesday, or sleep badly Wednesday night. @_@ What is it about Wednesday that's just...crappy?
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• Did you know that if you peel and grate potatoes a few hours in advance of cooking them, and then don't immerse them in water in the meantime, they turn black when you do finally cook them? It's gross.

Comment

• The Husband, on "A Game of Thrones": "Oh, I read about this! It's the infamous man-scaping scene!"

Me: "Man....scaping?"

Bonus "A Game of Thrones" snark:

Balish: "Whores are easier. They don't sink."

Me: "I thought they went down all the time..."

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            Did you know that if you peel and grate potatoes a few hours in advance of cooking them, and then don't immerse them in water in the meantime, they turn black when you do finally cook them? It's gross.
                            Oh yes. My mother loved homemade potato pancakes made with freshly-grated potatoes, and one of the reasons I never cared for them is the way the stuff looks if you let it sit for a while.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I've been on this site off and on for a year today!

Comment

• I was a goblin today at a faire, I tried to cook a friend's small children, I attacked bells hidden in a tree, I followed a friend who was dressed as a pirate around and tried to steal his hat since it has so many feathers and had shiny things. Then fiercely argued with another goblin, mostly sticking out tongues out at each other and making faces.
                                It was good day.
                                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
                                X